Name of a comedy series

Hi
I'm Dave and I'm hoping that someone out there will be able to help me, I am trying to recall the name of a comedy TV series that was on TV some years ago now. I can see the face of one of the actors but I can't put a name to him, however, this actor played the part of the foreman/supervisor/leader of a group of men who worked for a removal company. The foreman/supervisor/leader in this show always wore a bowler hat even though really all he was an ordinary removal man, and as for him being the foreman/supervisor/leader, I think that this was a position that he had seen fit to grant to himself rather than being given that position by his firm. It was a terrific series, I also remember that one of the removal men had a phrase that often used, I can't remember it but it went along the lines of when he couldn't remember the proper name of term for something then he'd say something along the lines of the following example "I couldn't find the what's it so I left it in the thingame", it was always left to the other removal men to work out what it was that he was actually talkinng about.

I really do hope that you can help me as I would love to purchase it if it is on DVD.

I look forward to hearing from someone out there.

Dave
:D :D Wales

Did it star Ronnie Barker?
If so, maybe it was https://www.comedy.co.uk/sitcoms/clarence.shtml
I've never seen it, I just know it was about removal men.

Hi there.

No sorry it wasn't Clarence. Actually it's funny that you should mention it as I've just ordered Clarence from Play.com.

Thanks all the same. It's driving me insane because I can see the actor's face but I can't put a name to him or to anything else that he's been in, however, I'm 99% cetain that he's play the role of a police office in something, but what I don't know. He has lightish coloured hair and quite a deep gravely voice, but not a hostile voice.

Thanks anyway,

Dave

How about Empty? Starring Gregor Fisher and Billy Boyd.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/empty/

You're sure that they're removal men? Any idea of how many years ago this would have been? Are we talking closer to the 1970s or 1990s?

There was a comedy/drama series in the '90s about removal men called Moving Story. Dunno if it's the one you're on about, though.

Quote: don rushmore @ February 9 2011, 6:01 PM GMT

There was a comedy/drama series in the '90s about removal men called Moving Story. Dunno if it's the one you're on about, though.

I think this is the one. Warren Clarke - who played Dalziel - was the foreman and it had a character that could never remember the name for anything.

Quote: don rushmore @ February 9 2011, 6:01 PM GMT

Looks like it doe it Ode Pal?

http://www.phill.co.uk/comedy/story/prod.html

Quote: Rob H @ February 9 2011, 7:02 PM GMT

I think this is the one. Warren Clarke - who played Dalziel - was the foreman and it had a character that could never remember the name for anything.

Warren's character in Moving Story was called Bamber as he was always coming up with trivia and the man who couldn't remember the names was played by Phil Davis(his name was Adrenalin,just checked on IMDB as I'd forgotten. Shame itss not out on DVD, this and Full Stretch were two of my favourite ITV comedy dramas of the 90s

Hey

Brilliant guys! You're right, it was called 'Moving Story'. Is it not on DVD?

Many thanks

Dave

Quote: peter gazzard @ February 9 2011, 10:33 PM GMT

Warren's character in Moving Story was called Bamber as he was always coming up with trivia and the man who couldn't remember the names was played by Phil Davis(his name was Adrenalin,just checked on IMDB as I'd forgotten. Shame itss not out on DVD, this and Full Stretch were two of my favourite ITV comedy dramas of the 90s

1 episode as part of a Jack Rosenthal collection.

See Amazon product listing

Great show, and Kirsty MacColl sang the theme tune.

:) Wow Moving Story! I loved it, completely forgot about it!