Are You Harder Than A Ten Year Old? Page 3

Re: Tom & Jerry. The smoking scenes have been cut for obvious reasons. Don't think the show has been banned.

Quote: don rushmore @ February 2 2011, 11:00 PM GMT

Re: Tom & Jerry. The smoking scenes have been cut for obvious reasons. Don't think the show has been banned.

I think it was Don, I remember being gutted at the time as it is one of my favourite cartoons

I'll bow to your superior knowledge then, BB. :)

Great title but nothing in the sketch really adds to that. Plus kids for the most part are so annoying on screen they suck the comedy out of anything.

http://www.tvsquad.com/2006/08/07/banned-tom-and-jerry-cartoon/

http://www.policespecials.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=42587

So it had a special banned for being racist, and scenes removed which contained characters smoking.

Nothing to do with the comic violence, which was the original point.

Good sleuthing though :D

Quote: Nat Wicks @ February 2 2011, 11:59 PM GMT

So it had a special banned for being racist,

That explains why BB likes it so much. ;)

Quote: Nat Wicks @ February 2 2011, 11:59 PM GMT

So it had a special banned for being racist, and scenes removed which contained characters smoking.

Nothing to do with the comic violence, which was the original point.

Good sleuthing though :D

Those are the only webs I can find on it, as I remember, it was banned here because it was violent, I have absolutely no recollection of it being racist. The one I most remember and rolled on the floor laughing was when the cat was dressed in a tux and was playing classical music on a grand piano and of course the mouse ruined it, hilarious. And no Angiebabe I don't recall any racism in it

Quote: bushbaby @ February 3 2011, 12:09 AM GMT

Those are the only webs I can find on it, as I remember, it was banned here because it was violent, I have absolutely no recollection of it being racist. The one I most remember and rolled on the floor laughing was when the cat was dressed in a tux and was playing classical music on a grand piano and of course the mouse ruined it, hilarious. And no Angiebabe I don't recall any racism in it so f**k you

I don't think the cartoon itself was banned. They may have banned a particular episode(s) because of it's 'out-dated' seeming take on certain races but they have definitely been showing other Tom & Jerry episodes throughout the last 20-30 years. They did dub-over the black housemaid because the vocals were deemed to be too 'ooo mammy!' for this day and age.

That particular Tom & Jerry (The Cat Concerto) 'won the 1946 Academy Award for Best Short Subject: Cartoons.' It is still brilliant IMHO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbxArVlS5tU

Quote: Corey O'Graffor @ February 3 2011, 12:21 AM GMT

I don't think the cartoon itself was banned. They may have banned a particular episode(s) because of it's 'out-dated' seeming take on certain races but they have definitely been showing other Tom & Jerry episodes throughout the last 20-30 years. They did dub-over the black housemaid because the vocals were deemed to be too 'ooo mammy!' for this day and age.

That particular Tom & Jerry (The Cat Concerto) 'won the 1946 Academy Award for Best Short Subject: Cartoons.' It is still brilliant IMHO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbxArVlS5tU

It maybe on foreign channels but it certainly has not been on UK ones for a couple of decades. I only remember because I missed it so much. I wish I could recall the exact circumstances and when, but time has gone on and I sadly can't recall the details......that's what happens when you reach 70

I watched Tom and Jerry on TV throughout my childhood, just like Nat said she did. So it's definitely been on in the past couple of decades.

They also started making a modern series of it, which was absolute shite and should be burned to death.

Quote: wayne lewis @ February 2 2011, 9:23 PM GMT

Also to think that people would take this as an incitement to harm a child is a bit naive. I have seen sketches on here straight after the Fritzle story, however I didn't lock my Daughter in my basement and father children with her. It's common sense. If you can't separate fiction from reality then you need to stop watching TV.

The problem is not adults seeing your sketch. It is if children see it.

Hell, if you REALLY want to shock people why don't you end it with the little girl on camera, struggling to hold up the weight of a severed head and saying:
" I am harder than my daddy, look!!"

Quote: zooo @ February 3 2011, 12:34 AM GMT

I watched Tom and Jerry on TV throughout my childhood, just like Nat said she did. So it's definitely been on in the past couple of decades.

They also started making a modern series of it, which was absolute shite and should be burned to death.

Maybe so Zooo but as I said I can't recall exactly. The years fly by and maybe I said 20 yrs off the top of my head. Usually when I reminisce to people and say perhaps five years, someone says....you're joking, you mean 15 years etc etc etc.
Eleven years since the millenium????????????????????!!!!!!!!!! I'd have said about five. Do you all recall what you were doing and the firework displays? A magnificent occasion which none of us will experience again. But would you all say that truly it seems so many years ago?
But I digress, let's get back to the point of this thread

Quote: Nat Wicks @ February 2 2011, 6:56 PM GMT

I think the first bit is where people will be getting uncomfortable, as that's just a grown man battering a child. The funny part is the next section, the idea that an innocent little girl can beat up an adult. Thats the angle you should take. Also for me it would be better if the kid looks sweet and innocent then batters him, rather than being a foul mouthed oik.

To avoid offending people you should stay clear of the other result where an adult wins.

Spot on Nat.

Quote: bushbaby @ February 3 2011, 12:49 AM GMT

Maybe so Zooo but as I said I can't recall exactly. The years fly by and maybe I said 20 yrs off the top of my head. Usually when I reminisce to people and say perhaps five years, someone says....you're joking, you mean 15 years etc etc etc.
Eleven years since the millenium????????????????????!!!!!!!!!! I'd have said about five. Do you all recall what you were doing and the firework displays? A magnificent occasion which none of us will experience again. But would you all say that truly it seems so many years ago?
But I digress, let's get back to the point of this thread

Oh I dunn you've seen 2 already

Quote: Nat Wicks @ February 2 2011, 6:56 PM GMT

I think the first bit is where people will be getting uncomfortable, as that's just a grown man battering a child. The funny part is the next section, the idea that an innocent little girl can beat up an adult. Thats the angle you should take. Also for me it would be better if the kid looks sweet and innocent then batters him, rather than being a foul mouthed oik.

To avoid offending people you should stay clear of the other result where an adult wins.

Well except it's a cliche up there with clowns tripping over their clown shoes