Comic's Choice

Lee Mack was guest tonight with Bill Bailey as host. On Channel 4. I thought Lee had the great old school choices were great as most of them are the ones I would have picked. The names of Sid James, Tommy Cooper, Kenneth Williams, Freddie Starr, Leonard Rossitor and Peter Cook were the ones I have been brought up with. I have seen a few of Peter Cook's work and that appearance he made in One Foot in The Algarve made me laugh. Sid James is a hero of mine I've always loved him and have been a loyal follower of his for many years even Tommy Cooper. Lee also mentioned Eric Morecambe aswell.

I just loved Lee's choices. I have to say it I haven't been a big follower of Ben Elton's but you have to admire his work. Blackadder, The Young Ones and The Thin Blue Line (which I used to love).

Tommorow I think the wonderful Jo Brand is on.

:) As another post; I agree, not so much the old sexist stuff but it does make me laugh! I suppose in this PC age we are told what is correct behaviour, so I find myself thinking this stuff is bloody anarchic! Anyone else?
May I ask why you like Jo Brand so much? I like her, but her material is 15 years old.

I've enjoyed the first two episodes and I'm looking for the next three. It is nice to see such great archive material being broadcast to a wider audience.

Alan Davies and Lee Mack episodes were good, but whilst they had some great clips, I found Jo Brand's one a bit boring. Never been a particular fan of hers though, and those glasses make her look like she's mid-stroke, which is terribly off-putting.

I rather liked Brand's choice. It was good of her to mention acts you rearly see on the TV like Sadowitz.

And I liked that she mentioned Horrible Histories and Sorry, I've Got No Head.

Quote: zooo @ January 19 2011, 6:09 PM GMT

And I liked that she mentioned Horrible Histories and Sorry, I've Got No Head.

Indeed they are very good, even if made for kids...

and yes those glasses are horrible!

I'm not rating Bill Bailey in the host's role though, very stilted.

Ooh, Jessica Stevenson/Hynes tonight. Love her.

Margaret Rutherford & Norman Wisdom, excellent. She'd be in heaven watching Trouble In Store.

Margaret Rutherford is fun.

I love her Miss Marple.

I've enjoyed Jo Brand's turn most so far I think, mainly because the chemistry between her and Bill seemed the most natural. Lee Mack was great too though. Have to say I found myself cringing slightly throughout Jessica Stevenson's episode though - her and Bill never seemed to quite gel enough. But Jessica's brilliant and gorgeous anyway so who cares.

Loving this series. Fantastic insights into comedy stars' preferences and I reckon Bill Bailey's doing a sterling job.

I loved this last night. :)

Sean Lock Rocks