Ten Foot Guinea Pig

Hi people, Wave

We're Ten Foot Guinea Pig. An improv comedy band from the Midlands. Whistling nnocently

We are currently promoting our stuff from our newly created YouTube channel. Sorry for the shameless plug but if you like random songs, quirky catchphrases and all round British humour then come check us out !

http://www.youtube.com/user/TenFootGuineaPig

We would love to hear from other comedy groups & bands, in particular anyone involved in improv.

Thanks for listening :$

Elephant Susan FTW! We do the same thing as you guys...just mess around with music and improv...started back in the early 00's...you remind me of us when we were younger and slimmer...

I have to say that the blog video was awful..really bad sound...choppy editing and not very funny. The cripple song is one (bad) joke that you spunk off too early and Garden Gnome Gary was OK..but the recording quality lets it down.

For what your doing (which is 3 mates getting together and having a laugh) it's okay for you guys but not funny enough for the masses...not yet anyway.

Having said that...I don't want to give you a hard time..keep at it..we used to improv 100% of our songs, but after a while you notice that some really good stuff is spoilt by some crap jokes..now only 80% of our stuff is improv. It's still crap...but at least it's not spoilt by one of us pretending to be handicapped in the background when we have run out stuff that rhymes.

Huzzah!!

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=F726FD615F496218

Thanks for the constructive advice.

At the moment our recording consists of a very poor quality microphone and the pretty basic Audacity software and the camera we use is just a £200 JVC handycam. In fact Garden Gnome Gary was recorded on my phone at 4am in the morning! haha as you can tell we don't really put much effort into the quality. As its all still very early at the moment.

In April we upgrade to a new interface for the computer, which will enable us to record with proper microphones at much better quality and following that hopefully a better standard camera.

The blog video was just an introduction to us and who we are. Again probaly funnier if you know us.

Recently we have concentrated on making spoof videos just to test different ideas out.

As I said, hopefully this is just the start. :D

Also its worth adding, one thing that we cannot stand about YouTube is when someone concentrates on getting people to "Subscribe, comment, rate and review!!!!" It just reeks of desperation.

I wanted to just put our stuff on there and let people decide for themselves, we arnt trying to get big we just want to make people laugh.

I thinkthat's one thing that has been lost on YouTube.