Just William Episodes Only 30 Minutes Each

I know. I'm as surprised as you are. I was expecting at least 50 minutes.

It's always a worry with Just William on film. This one isn't too bad, but the beauty of the stories is in their sense of irony, and the wonderfully riotous William Brown conveyed by the author's innate understanding of psychology.
Sadly, this late forties early fifties setting doesn't do them credit, it just isn't very funny, and doesn't ring true.
Violet Elizabeth is excellent, but our William is simply wrong, his sullen scowl looks exhausting. Poor lad. The modern glottal stop is a problem , too. If it had been set in the 30s, we could have had a more-cut glass, stilted voice with the slang being more pronounced.
It seems to be more of an exercise in period costume. Lovely though that is, and even with excellent acting, someone is taking liberties. But hey. :$

Not particularly familiar with the source material, but that was rather jolly. Odd slot to bury it away in though.

It is a weird time. I saw Daniel Roche and Rebecca Front being interviewed and they said the same thing, didn't seem too pleased with the scheduling.
Hopefully if they make some more it'll get a better time.

I enjoyed the one I saw... bit silly. Just harmless fun hey?

I thought the episodes were absolutely brilliant - recorded & have watched them a few times! I do hope they make more of them! Genius. :)

They were great. I've found myself wishing they were still on several times recently!

I missed this completely although I used to read the books when I was young because my dad had them when he was young too.

Any news of them being repeated?

Bad news for Just William fans (of whom I know Aaron is one). According to the latest Radio Times, it won't return for a second series - partly due to poor ratings, and partly due to CBBC's low drama budget.

The low ratings might have something to do with the quite ridiculous slot.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Angry

I loved the time slot. Perfect for a kids' show over Christmas. But give it some repeats too, please!