General, General Thread Page 1,937

Quote: chipolata @ July 14 2009, 3:33 PM BST

What exactly did Hardeep Singh Kohli do to the female researcher to get himself suspended from The One Show? And, since Carol Thatcher got sacked for using the term gollywog, are we to assume the BBC takes sexual harrassment less seriously than racism?

It's all a bit of a mystery. He's not been suspended from appearing on any other BBC shows, so I'd infer that perhaps he was just a little bit too forward with a researcher, rather than any deliberate sexual harrassment? If it was just a case of him simply being attracted to her and her not reciprocating, then it may have led to simply an awkward work situation. Silly of me to speculate without knowing the facts, I know. I would have thought if he had done anything that had really over-stepped the mark, then he wouldn't have just had a temporary suspension, and not just from 'The One Show'? (He's accepted what he did was wrong. Blokes get confused between a woman's natural friendliness and them flirting all the time in "real life". Not condoning sexual harrassment, but there's not always deliberate inappropriateness in these cases.)

I heard he raped Giles Brandreth, but that just a rumour.

Quote: Nil Putters @ July 14 2009, 3:43 PM BST

I heard he raped Giles Brandreth, but that just a rumour.

Started by Giles himself, apparently.

Quote: Nil Putters @ July 14 2009, 3:43 PM BST

I heard he raped Giles Brandreth

Who hasn't these days?

Quote: Tim Walker @ July 14 2009, 3:44 PM BST

Started by Giles himself, apparently.

Dom Littlewood actually. He'll reveal all in his new series of Don't Get Done, Get Dom.

Quote: Tim Walker @ July 14 2009, 3:40 PM BST

It's all a bit of a mystery. He's not been suspended from appearing on any other BBC shows, so I'd infer that perhaps he was just a little bit too forward with a researcher, rather than any deliberate sexual harrassment? If it was just a case of him simply being attracted to her and her not reciprocating, then it may have led to simply an awkward work situation. Silly of me to speculate without knowing the facts, I know. I would have thought if he had done anything that had really over-stepped the mark, then he wouldn't have just had a temporary suspension, and not just from 'The One Show'? (He's accepted what he did was wrong. Blokes get confused between a woman's natural friendliness and them flirting all the time in "real life". Not condoning sexual harrassment, but there's not always deliberate inappropriateness in these cases.)

It'll all come out in the wash, as my mom used to say (usually while fixing me with a searching look).

What's goes around, comes around...

Quote: Tim Walker @ July 14 2009, 3:48 PM BST

What's goes around, comes around...

Yeah, she liked using that cliche a lot too (also while fixing me with a searching look).

So, why did I think, this whole time, that Hardeep was gay?

Quote: zooo @ July 14 2009, 4:53 PM BST

Your gaydars broken. Be careful you don't end up going out with a homosexual man thinking he's straight. ;)

You think everyone's gay, zooo!!!! Laughing out loud

Probably *shrugs*

He's dull is what he is. Dull, dull, dull.

Quote: Tim Walker @ July 14 2009, 4:59 PM BST

You think everyone's gay, zooo!!!! Laughing out loud

Not eeeeeeeeeeeveryone.

I found out that Hardeep isn't a gay and that Richard Wilson is one on the same day.
Maybe my gaydar got mixed up?

Hm.

Richard Wilson is gay!? :O

I don't believe it!

>_< x 2