That Friday Quiz Page 86

Following the stunningly wrong answer that was Keane, I am now in the mood for wild guesses. They are bound to be wrong. How about pastels for the drinks and Argentina for the cricket?

I listened to a radio programme about the story of cricket in South America. Having no interest in it, I can't remember if it was Argentina or Brazil. Still, it shows that for the purposes of this quiz, I'm not on Google.

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ July 21 2013, 3:44 PM BST

6) Guyana;
7) Pastis;

99) Red Balloons.

Yes. Pastis rather than pastels. That would be right!

20: Cloak & Dagger
8: Photosynthesis

Quote: Kenneth @ July 21 2013, 7:22 PM BST

20: Cloak & Dagger
8: Photosynthesis

Yeah, well, in Australia maybe - but in Essex or South London it's gold rackage!

Cool

It definitely does look like that Keane bloke.

Quote: Horseradish @ July 21 2013, 2:08 PM BST

Following the stunningly wrong answer that was Keane,

I put you out of misery. It's the Steve Miller Band. So the connection is 'The Joker' - if you remember the old song?

Quote: Kenneth @ July 21 2013, 7:51 PM BST

I put you out of misery. It's the Steve Miller Band. So the connection is 'The Joker' - if you remember the old song?

Oh yes.

You're the cutest thing that I ever did see
I really love your peaches
Want to shake your tree

Can't say that I would recognise him if he was standing beside the van.

Well done though.

Who is the Andre twin at Planet Hollywood?

Quote: Kenneth @ July 21 2013, 7:51 PM BST

Thanks. I was going insane, ticking off the 60s groups that I knew the names of but didn't know how many were in the band - Moby Grape, Grateful Dead, 13th Floor Elevators, Electric Prunes, Procol Harum, Captain Beefheart's Magic Band...

Quote: Horseradish @ July 21 2013, 7:59 PM BST

Who is the Andre twin at Planet Hollywood?

Question 4? It's a no-talent bell-end, who should never be in a quiz. The "famous for being dipshit f**kwits" crowd really have no place in proper quizzes - unless there's a clever round on Celebrity Dipshits.

Quote: Kenneth @ July 21 2013, 8:07 PM BST

Question 4? It's a no-talent bell-end, who should never be in a quiz. The "famous for being dipshit f**kwits" crowd really have no place in proper quizzes - unless there's a clever round on Celebrity Dipshits.

OK London - time to trawl through those Steve Allen LBC podcasts. :D

Quote: Oldrocker @ July 6 2013, 11:57 AM BST

6. Primary

Was that not right?

:|

Did I not add that, I will in a sec.
Joker is right as well.

Quote: Oldrocker @ July 21 2013, 9:51 PM BST

Was that not right?

:|

Sorry do I need to go back a bit
I'll check
It was there but It was on the same line as answer 5 I've fixed it

Anyway, I've been asked to set/host a quiz in October for the Mayor of Wolverhampton !

So ner, ner.

What - winner becomes the mayor?

Yup
The current mayor is that oily one off Eggheads

Has Stylee regretted posting & deleted again?
I'm not sure I can accept answers from a ghost quote.