How not to pitch your sitcom Page 2

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 29 2010, 12:49 PM GMT

I would just like to express my relief at not being completely shit in this. A bit shit, but not completely.

You were actually quite good.

Quote: Leevil @ November 29 2010, 12:27 PM GMT

Very good, you guys :)

"Hatepain"

:D

That line was a contribution from Pat Cahill who regularly plays Ivor Sinclair, his auctioneer character, on stage. If you ever get the chance check him out, he's brillo pads.

Quote: Nil Putters @ November 29 2010, 12:33 PM GMT

I liked the opening "musical sitcom" bit with Henry the hoover. :D

I first saw Steve Aruni busking at Tottenham Court Road Station then bumped into him later on the London stand up circuit. His Steve & Henry act is superb.

It occurs to me as I'm writing this that a bunch of the comedians featured in this sketch are performing together tomorrow, including Stuart Laws and myself...

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=109141032486347

Come along if you've got the conkers.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 29 2010, 12:49 PM GMT

I would just like to express my relief at not being completely shit in this. A bit shit, but not completely.

The script called for a man creepier than a paedophile made of spiders. You were the first person I thought of.

Really good Mr Bussell.

Quality production value as always.

Where do you get your "extras" from.

Quote: bigfella @ November 29 2010, 5:37 PM GMT

Really good Mr Bussell.

Quality production value as always.

Where do you get your "extras" from.

Thanks, bigfella. The other actors, with the exception of Matthew Stott, are all comedians I gig with.

Love the guy being pitched to, and his method of selecting a script for commission is priceless.

Nicely done. :D

I like the man and his gabble.

Ha ha!! Great stuff!! Vey funny!!

I must agree, the production is fantastic and intimidating for those of us at the bottom of the food chain.

Thanks, folks. It was a bit of a trial by fire directing wise, what with it being my first attempt and having to wrangle so many actors, but I learned a lot from the experience. Number one is to get yourself a monitor as the crappy screen on the camera gives very little indication as to what your picture is actually going to look like. Number two is to keep Stott away from the Hob Nobs as your budget will immediately double otherwise.

Enjoyable stuff.
Looked like fun to do although it probably wasn't

YAY! I LOVED it! Good stuff Dave!

Matt, you were brilliant. Nice to see Alan in there too ;)

Only just seen this. Looks ace. Well done mate.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ December 10 2010, 8:30 PM GMT

Enjoyable stuff.
Looked like fun to do although it probably wasn't

Cheers, Steve. Actually it was a pretty fun, if jammed, day.

Quote: AngieBaby @ December 10 2010, 9:04 PM GMT

YAY! I LOVED it! Good stuff Dave!

Matt, you were brilliant. Nice to see Alan in there too ;)

Matt was so worried about his performance he phoned me on the way home to apologise. Personally I think he should lend his sleazy schtick to all the low rent Steve Buscemi roles he can lay his hands on.

Quote: Gavin @ December 11 2010, 3:31 PM GMT

Only just seen this. Looks ace. Well done mate.

You're a gentleman.

Most of this is pisspoor except the hoover sax solo bit which is beyond genius.

Laws and Bussell were a bit 'phoned in', Stott looks a bit like John Waters in the flesh.