What are you listening to now? Page 893

:) Love Four Seasons- might pop radio 3 on for a bit.

Listening to Under The Westway by Blur which I rather like.

:) 'Dairy of a Nobody' very funny Sunday evening Radio4, starring Jonny Vegas, suprisingly good Mr.Pooter.

The distillers - young crazed peeling

Galton and Simson radio documentary - very interesting.

Quote: dellas @ July 4 2012, 8:06 PM BST

:) 'Dairy of a Nobody' very funny Sunday evening Radio4, starring Jonny Vegas, suprisingly good Mr.Pooter.

How many pints?

I don't think this is a new one but I love this - http://youtu.be/i3Jv9fNPjgk

Thin Lizzy- Whiskey In The Jar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TehFZ38kt6o

Everyone should listen to this once in a while, just to make sure they're still proper.

Personally I much prefer the Metallica version

A very good version.
But I have spent far too much of my life in an Irish pub after-hours from watching the footie, so the Thin Lizzy version is where my heart is at

Quote: AJGO @ July 4 2012, 11:53 PM BST

A very good version.
But I have spent far too much of my life in an Irish pub after-hours from watching the footie, so the Thin Lizzy version is where my heart is at

What about the Dubliners - or any number of Irish musicians in a back street Dublin pub?

Quote: Chappers @ July 4 2012, 11:58 PM BST

What about the Dubliners - or any number of Irish musicians in a back street Dublin pub?

The Thin Lizzy version is the closest to a tune I can name to recommend that various performers have based the tempo and gist on, or have been inspired by.
Much as I'm sure I have everyone's rapt attention on this thread, I sadly cannot name all of the performers and give an intricate break-down of their nuances in interpreting this song that I have heard and seen over the many, many years.

But if you have a favourite version, or another song you're currently listening to that you feel should be shared with others, please do let us know

James.

Distillers - sick of it all

David Ackles - Down River

Quote: lofthouse @ July 4 2012, 11:47 PM BST

Personally I much prefer the Metallica version

Sick