What are you listening to now? Page 395

Elbow - The Seldom Seen Kid

Quote: Nil Putters @ September 30 2008, 11:29 AM BST

Silver Bullet - 20 Seconds To Comply

"I bet you think you're pretty smart huh? Think you can outsmart a bullet?"

Was that song ever in the charts? You're the second person to mention it on here, in the last few months.

Yes, ages ago.

I saw Silver Bullet live, 10 years ago, when he was attempting a comeback. He performed live, on Jo Wiley's Channel 4 show, around the same time, but soon disappeared again.

British Hip hop was great, back in the late '80s and early '90s, because it was so fast. You had to be a really skilled MC back then, just to keep up with the pace of the tracks, while still making your vocals clear enough to be understood. MCs back then were a bit like the musical equivalent of Rodeo riders. Nowadays rappers can just slur a load of crap, over a load of slow, plodding beats, and they'll get treated like they're something special.

I loved MC Tunes vs 808 State - The Only Rhyme That Bites too. Quality.

Rap you can understand and appreciate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUrKuX4zKFk

I used to speak to a bloke on another forum, who said his sister used to go out with MC Tunes. I remember my sister once saw him live, supporting the Happy Mondays, at the G-Mex in Manchester. She was only 14/15 at the time, and travelled on her own from Liverpool, even though my Dad had told her she couldn't go. Then, later that night, she phoned home, saying she was outside the G-Mex, and had her bag stolen, with all her money inside, and my Dad had to drive to Manchester to pick her up. I went with him, just to watch him tell her off! It was great!

You meany.

Laughing out loud

Actually, the thing I remember most about that night, was the way everyone coming out of the G-Mex was wearing massive flares. I remember just standing, looking at everyone, feeling like I'd gone back in time to 1969.

Quote: Skibbington von Skubber @ September 30 2008, 11:45 AM BST

A cover version by the greatest rock vocalist of the 20th century: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1cXkOsBzSQ

Malmsteen and Dio together? Talk about a critical mass of suckage! And I love 1970s Aerosmith.

Like Strangers - The Everly Brothers

C&C Music Factory - Gonna Make You Sweat

Nice.

The Beloved - Happiness

The Borne Supremacy soundtrack, it's really good.