Get involved with a new exciting comedy magazine

Sit Down magazine is a brand new publication in devlelopment. It will be filled with the latest live comedy, DVD releases and general comedy banter. To make sure it's really up your street we need to collect some vital information.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8B2NWNF

Thank you for your help!

I don't think anybody reads Mustard magazine regularly, given that they stopped printing it ages ago.

We're trying to combat that problem by appealing to a slightly different market. Think along the lines of NME and Dave combined and you'll be there

Sorry, David, I wasn't pre-judging your publication (for the record I liked Mustard). I was talking about the question on the survey that asks if you regularly read a defunct magazine.

If anybody has any more feedback or maybe suggestions on what they'd like to see in the magazine, it would be really helpful, thanks.

I would suggest that you cover all sorts of comedians, don't be sneery about the 'uncool' ones, if you want as wide a readership as possible.

(Not that you've suggested you were planning to be sneery!)

Yeh, that's definitley a good idea. We were thinking of covering a different city every month, which would help us cover a broad range of comedians

What about club profiles? Do a feature on a club every issue (making sure you also get the smaller ones).

Make sure you cover the lower leagues of the circuits too, not just the theatre and stadium tours.

Quote: david west @ October 14 2010, 3:30 PM BST

If anybody has any more feedback or maybe suggestions on what they'd like to see in the magazine, it would be really helpful, thanks.

You should feature my jokes and pay me handsomely for them.

;)

www.twitter.com/TonyCowards

I doubt I'd buy a comedy magazine but I might be slightly tempted by:
- free CDs/DVDs of classic and/or up-and-coming comedy;
- listings (national, not just London/Edinburgh)
- previews and reviews of comedy of all sorts - TV/radio/film/live/web
- interviews with star names
- an insider's column - e.g. life as a jobbing stand-up
- the knowledge that it's going to last and not go bust in 3 issues.

Good luck

Quote: Tony Cowards @ October 15 2010, 1:02 AM BST

You should feature my jokes and pay me handsomely for them.

Or, better still, you could just nick them off Tony's Twitter feed? As everyone knows, you can't actually own a joke. :)

You are Keith Chegwin & I claim my 5 pounds.

Don't be so naive. Everyone knows you can't actually own money. Pleased

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ October 15 2010, 1:48 AM BST

You are Keith Chegwin & I claim my 5 pounds.

But is it your five pounds, or is it copyright? Hmm?

I didn't have any of my Twitter "gags" stolen by Keith Chegwin. Then again, if you can have your gags successfully plagiarised by Keith Chegwin... maybe you should think of writing some new gags?*

(*plagiarised and paraphrased from Stew Lee)