What is the 'cost' of opening a thread?

I can think of reasons to avoid duplication. I know people get annoyed at 'pointless' threads. So before we start a thread, what factors should we consider which might persuade us not to?

Quote: Nogget @ October 7 2010, 11:00 AM BST

I can think of reasons to avoid duplication. I know people get annoyed at 'pointless' threads. So before we start a thread, what factors should we consider which might persuade us not to?

Question: Are you Simon Birch?
Answer: Yes.
Soulution: General General.

All internet waffle ultimately consumes natural resources, increasing entropy and hastening the heat death of the universe.

This should really be in General.

Smarmy

I want to ask if there have been any music videos about celebrities having sex with cartoon animals. Other than Paula Abdul's 1980s classic "Opposites Attract.?"

Is this worthy of it's own thread and if not which thread should it go in?

"We go together 'cause I'm dressed like a cat"

Best Family Guy line.

My ire.

Laughing out loud

Not so bothered about the threads, just some of the comments; especially when someone quotes a post, then writes 'This'. It's f**king tiresome.

If you haven't got anything, at least, a little different to say, don't post.

Quote: don rushmore @ October 7 2010, 5:38 PM BST

Not so bothered about the threads, just some of the comments; especially when someone quotes a post, then writes 'This'. It's f**king tiresome.

If you haven't got anything, at least, a little different to say, don't post.

Not this.

Quote: David Bussell @ October 7 2010, 5:40 PM BST

Not this.

The stupidity is strong in this one.

Star Wars! Brilliant!

Quote: don rushmore @ October 7 2010, 5:45 PM BST

The stupidity is strong in this one.

This.

Quote: David Bussell @ October 7 2010, 9:38 PM BST

Star Wars! Brilliant!

Not this.

Quote: Kenneth @ October 7 2010, 11:07 PM BST