Mumbai Calling - Pilot

Mumbai Calling stars on Wednesday 30 May 2007, ITV1. Here's the info:

Pilot sitcom set in an Indian call centre, written by Sanjeev Bhaskar, Laurence Marks and Maurice Gran. Bhaskar plays Kenny, a British-born Indian working at the call centre, alongside Dev (Nitin Ganatra).

Thought some may be interested to see how it turns out.

Editor's note: Our guide to Mumbai Calling can be found here.

Well that's my sitcom out of the window!!

I'm sure Sanjeev Bhaskar can do a better job then me anyway.

What time is it on? If it's 9pm its dead cos its up against The Apprentice and Big Brother 8: Launch Show.

Sky+ it looks like for this one.

Editor's note: This thread goes a bit off topic after this post. Click here to skip the Big Brother, Lost etc discussion and get to the reaction to Mumbai Calling.

Big Brother?! Get out!

I'm afraid so, and it's not like I'm a reality tv obsessive, I hate all other reality tv, don't watch any other programmes like it, hate all the X Factor stuff, I'm A Celeb etc etc. But love Big Brother for some reason and become addicted to it. I like seeing how people interact I think and seeing how people work, how they react to certain situations, how they bond (maybe I should be a pychiatrist)...and it's always good to see sex on tv right lads! ;) (obviously a joke, just distancing myself from those that do watch it just for that reason).

Each to their own, I watched series 1 - 3. I also watched X-Factor auditions, but that's it.

Yeah BB is not as good as it was cos now its become more about 'celebrity' rather than a social experiment, but still I watch it.

Big Brother is addictive but so is smoking, coke, all sorts of drugs etc.

In other words you get inexplicably hooked on a load of shit.*

That's why I never even consider watching it.

Also The Apprentice? Just what is the appeal of watching some other twat's job interview.

* Like writing on web forums.

I haven't watched this series of The Apprentice, but watched others ones, it's very funny sometimes, their all bastards, who make fools out of themselves.

You can't really compare Big Brother to cocaine. If me watching Big Brother was the equivalent of having a coke habit then I'd be presenting Big Brother and not sat at home watching it. Mwahaha

Marks and Gran make a kind of gentle comedy, so the jury's out on if it will be "funny funny".

Well that's my sitcom out of the window!!

I'm sure Sanjeev Bhaskar can do a better job then me anyway.

Might as well sneak my sitcom, which isn't the same idea, but it was set in a call centre or "Complaints Department".

- https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/1201

I can accept people taking the piss out of Big Brother, but whoever insults The Apprentice should be lined up and shot. It is one of best things on TV at the moment.

Quote: Walker @ May 25, 2007, 4:30 PM

I can accept people taking the piss out of Big Brother, but whoever insults The Apprentice should be lined up and shot. It is one of best things on TV at the moment.

Err...

Riiiight.

That doesn't necessarily mean its good though does it.

I really cannot see the point unless you like seeing people humiliated.

Sad, sad, sad.