Writers wanted (Screenplays, shorts or episodes)

Writers wanted for FN Productions.

Do you believe in your script? If so it's time you proved it. Details below.

If you're interested in having your film done with us. How it works is you would fund 50% of the film costs yourself. And you would earn 70% of the films profits. How much you fund it for is entirely up to you depending on what budget you think it needs. The minimum I would suggest is £1000. But you could go much higher if you feel it's necessary to bring the best out of your film. Funding would all go towards the production , promotion and distribution of the film.

We are interested in all genres of film, but the script must be of a high standard.

On acceptance and your funding we would do the entire production. We cast it, get the crew, Location, shoot the film. As well as doing all the sound production and adding music (if needed). Post Production, film promotion, DVD release, festivals as well as also trying to get some cinema release.

So I pay for the film entirely myself and then get to keep 70% of the profits?

Wow that's generous.

So if you like my script, you'll let me pay you to make it?
That sounds almost too good to be true.
Normally I have to make do with people paying me.

Griff If you give me £500 I'll let you keep 71% of it. Can't say fairer than that?

*shakes head sadly at levels of cynicism at the BCG*

I realise this sounds dodgy as hell, and I really can't speak to the integrity of Barney's comnpany, but I see something like this as perhaps becoming a valid business model in times to come.

Right now an unproven writer is faced with the daunting prospect of having to cold call a producer in the vain hope that their script is enjoyed to the extent that the producer is prepared to throw some (typically a little) money at it. If such success is achieved the writer can then look forward to being rapidly sidelined and losing most, if not all, creative control of their project.

Alternatively the writer has the choice to put their money where their mouth is and pony up some cash to self fund a project that's made to their exact specs. A decent prod co will have access to equipment, expertise, manpower, contacts and reduced location rates that your average writer can only dream of. In that sense, chucking a grand or so (or even more if you want to team up with other writers) is not such a crazy gamble. Like I say, it's all down to the prod co.

Quote: Griff @ July 28 2010, 1:01 PM BST

If you pay £1000 Barney will fund the other £1000. You then have £2000 to spend on making a film. And as a £2000 film will make no money

Colin cost something ridiculous like £100. And has done okay.
I don't fancy seeing it, mind.

Does FN stand for F**k Nose?

Do you have examples where this model has worked succesfully Barney?

Titanic?

I am sure that David is right that traditional business models will break down and what would once have been considered vanity projects will become more viable. It has happened in the music industry, and it is beginning to happen in publishing. The problem with film is the overheads are so high, and it is difficult to bring them down (though a mate of mine did produce a very respectable looking 10 mins short for around £2000 with cast and crew working for credits). If a production company can achieve a reputation as a respectable facilitator then that could be a business model that works for all parties.

Not sure about these guys mind.

Hold on.
When did he change it to 50% of the costs?
If we keep at him he might drop evern further.

When I read it it said fifty percent.

And it doesn't look edited except by Zooo.

When Griff 'quoted' it it said " you fund the film".
And I notice there's an edit from the OP after that.

@ the OP - was it a mistake or a change of heart???

Anyway, Barney is a good name.