Man About The House / George & Mildred Book

Not keen on hijacking the George & Mildred thread any further, so thought I'd post a new thread on my book, which was out on the 15th. Lots of info here:

http://www.deckchairpublishing.co.uk/#/man-about-the-house/4540234264

:D

Order now from Amazon:

See Amazon product listing
[p=http://www.play.com/Books/Books/4-/15114756/Man-About-the-House-George-and-Mildred-The-Definitive-Companion/Product.html]

Enjoyable book.

Anyone with a clue as to why the Man About The House movie DVD is so rare and expensive? Is it worth getting?

Quote: Rob Maris @ September 21 2012, 6:00 AM BST

Anyone with a clue as to why the Man About The House movie DVD is so rare and expensive? Is it worth getting?

It does pop up on ITV 3 every now again. It's well worth seeing if only for the cameo appearences in it. Spike Milligan etc. It's a fairly successful transfer, nothing amazing, but if you like the series you'll like the movie.

Quote: Pingl @ September 21 2012, 10:21 AM BST

It does pop up on ITV 3 every now again. It's well worth seeing if only for the cameo appearences in it. Spike Milligan etc. It's a fairly successful transfer, nothing amazing, but if you like the series you'll like the movie.

Thanks, for the advice about the quality of the show.

We do not get ITV 3 in Australia, so I collect DVDs.

Quote: Rob Maris @ September 21 2012, 6:00 AM BST

Anyone with a clue as to why the Man About The House movie DVD is so rare and expensive?

You should write to Umbrella and ask why they didn't release it. They put out Series 1 and 2, even going to the effort of recording commentaries by Brian Murphy and Sally Thomsett, so clearly someone there was passionate about the show. And they released the film versions of many other '70s Britcoms. Perhaps due to financial reasons, someone at Umbrella cancelled any further MATH releases and didn't bother renewing the DVD release rights (as was the fate of Umbrella's Minder releases). If you're desperate to view it, you can get it for nothing.

It's also worth noting that the DVD is the uncut version, unlike prints which turn up on TV which are usually shorn of George's ill thought out comment to Rudolph Walker (playing himself:) "I've seen you on the telly, ain't I? You're sambo the nignog, straight out of the jungle!"