Futurama Page 2

The newest series is on Sky One now.
Although I think I watched them all online last year.
It'll be better to see them on the bigger screen & with the sound matching the mouth movements

not impresed with last weeks

I wish I'd known it was on.
Come on Nerds, you have to keep me posted about these things.
Oh am I?
I thought I was one of the Cool Daddio Possee

I'm on S06E20. Not sure how that relates to what's on TV.

I think it's S06 (series six)
But earlier than E20.

Confused. I thought Sky One were currently promoting it as a new series. Is this one of those American season break continuations?

I didn't see that.
But this was the series last year on Comedy Central
So I didn't know if Sky would get the rights to it.

And unfortunately I've seen the first four series far too many times as much as I love it.

It doesn't seem to matter who own the rights to what these days. Most TV shows seem to run simultaneously on Channel4, Sky One, BBC Three, Comedy Central, E4, More4 and FX. It's bleendin' confusing.

I think they had 4 series & got cancelled
Then were resurrected for the Movies which were turned into a series.

And then brought back for series 6 but with a lower budget and on Comedy central
Because they have their own channel on Sky I thought the broadcast delay may have been due to a rights issue.

Have I made this thread boring?

Bite my Shiny Metal Ass

Boring? Not at all. I'm rubbing myself raw here.

Futurama is truly excellent. You can revel in the sci-fi references, whilst genuinely enjoying each and every character. The pathos is very well paced, and it much welcomed now The Simpsons have moved far away from narrative episodes.

Quote: Leevil @ July 30 2011, 12:04 AM BST

Boring? Not at all. I'm rubbing myself raw here.

Laughing out loud

crikey

i only just realised today that Peggy from Married with Children does the voice of Leela!

Wanker.

As she was before becoming a Bundy.

Quote: lofthouse @ August 19 2011, 11:18 AM BST

crikey

i only just realised today that Peggy from Married with Children does the voice of Leela!

Series two episode thirteen - A Bicyclops made for Two, was a massive parody of Married with Children, Futurama was slightly funny back then aswell.

The season 6 finale was amazing.

It was a triptych episode parodying three styles: Max Fleischer, 8-bit computer games, and Anime. It could easily have been a mess but each part was so well done. The Fleischer one was my favourite and felt more like a respectful tribute rather than lazily mocking it.

And, of course, it was all very funny.