Skit Comp change?

Hi all,

Just been chatting with the lovely Michael Monkhouse and we wanted to see what you all thought about maybe wiping the points board clean every 6 months to give newer people a chance of hitting the giddy heights at the top and maybe make those at the top work a bit harder. ;)

It's not set in stone this change, but we wanted to see what you thought about it.

Finally see my 17 points wiped off then! ;)

This is an example of the Skit Comp. https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/17017/

Maybe the points board should get wiped annually, with the highest person being awarded at the end of the year?

every 6 months sounds good, the top 10 people seem to be well established but agreed that clearing it every so often wouldn't hurt.

As for awards you'll need to talk to Aaron, Ellie (I think I barked up that tree before and got a no or a maybe I can't remember).

Never mind wiping the skit comp table/board, why not wipe the entire message board every six months? I ran out of original things to say about anything around 2008. I'd welcome the opportunity to post opinions under the illusion that they were fresh ideas. (The newbies would never notice, so who would it hurt?)

Quote: Tim Walker @ March 23 2010, 9:17 AM GMT

Never mind wiping the skit comp table/board, why not wipe the entire message board every six months? I ran out of original things to say about anything around 2008.

:D

Also, this is the first I've heard of a Skit Comp.

Never mind wiping the skit comp table/board, why not wipe the entire message board every six months? I ran out of original things to say about anything around 2008. I'd welcome the opportunity to post opinions under the illusion that they were fresh ideas. (The newbies would never notice, so who would it hurt?)

Yeah, I can start asking when they're going to release 2 point 4 Children on DVD!?

But, my 4 points... :( Teary

Yeah, but you can enter again. :)

Quote: chipolata @ March 23 2010, 9:19 AM GMT

:D

Also, this is the first I've heard of a Skit Comp.

See above for link to a real life skit comp in the making.

Ha Tim you've never posted that before.

You sir have been hoisted by your own petards.

It's like that leader board ladder-thing on 4Laughs. It was unfair and redundant unless everyone joins at the same time.

as for wiping the board, doesn't Morrace have a cache of everything anyway?

Quote: EllieJP @ March 23 2010, 9:32 AM GMT

Yeah, but you can enter again. :)

See above for link to a real life skit comp in the making.

No thanks. I clicked on the womenwithhorses link yesterday and was disappointed. I can't take two let downs in a row.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ March 23 2010, 9:38 AM GMT

It's like that leader board ladder-thing on 4Laughs. It was unfair and redundant unless everyone joins at the same time.

Exactly - so it would make sense for it to be wiped every so often... say every 6 months.

Quote: chipolata @ March 23 2010, 9:39 AM GMT

No thanks. I clicked on the womenwithhorses link yesterday and was disappointed. I can't take two let downs in a row.

:)

Quote: sootyj @ March 23 2010, 9:35 AM GMT

Ha Tim you've never posted that before.

You sir have been hoisted by your own petards.

I wondered if someone would pick up on that. :(

However, I'm sure I will post pretty much the same wry comment disguised as another subject within the next year. I pretty much only have three ideas in my entire brain, all my posts being mere variations on the same themes.

Anyway, this Two Pints and a Packet of Crisps rubbish...

I really like 2 Pints it's so much fresher and sharper than Peepshow.
And evil dictators eh? You know who was really awful Emperor Charlemagne of Carthage.

And aren't wraps the new sandwiches?

Do people know who they've voting for? Surely we all bring baggage to this place now. For example, if Morrace had a sketch in I'd give him no points on principal, even if it was brilliant. Whereas I would score others very highly out of pity!