Trying to remember the name of a show...

Hello. I used to watch this show from BBC that took place in a small, rural village. The village was stone (ancient, it seemed) and very hilly. The show featured a troupe of 4 or 5 old men, most of whom wore old-style clothes and flannel or tweed golf hats. One of the most wrinkled of the men was lecherous and had a crush on one of the town ladies. Nobody on the show was particularly attractive. The humour was dry and oddball. A bunch of older people sneaking around like kids. The show was probably filmed in the 70s, though I can't be certain. It was in colour. I was young when I watched it; sorry for the poor description. Does anyone have an idea? It's driving me crazy! I would love to find and rewatch it. Thanks all.=D

Sounds to me like The Last of The Summer Wine.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/last_of_the_summer_wine/

Yeah. Last Of The Summer Wine. Always repeated on G.O.L.D..
Compo (Bill Owen) always wore wellies & had a ferret. He had a crush on Norah Batty (Kathy Staff) and her wrinkled stockings. Both sadly deceased.

Definitely Last Of The Summer Wine. You may also be interested in the short-lived prequel First Of The Summer Wine, which sees the gang as teenagers.

Quote: Mezz @ March 7 2010, 1:00 PM GMT

He had a crush on Norah Batty (Kathy Staff) and her wrinkled stockings. Both sadly deceased.

No! Both her stockings are dead?!

Yep. When I posted this I thought it would be picked up!