Shows that take submissions

Radio, TV. If a show accepts material from an unknown writer, let us know.

At last something to put in here! Thanks Shoepie:

TALENT CALL FROM ANGEL EYE MEDIA -
ONLINERS SKETCH SHOW PILOT

Angel Eye Media is currently accepting comedy script submissions for its new sketch show ONLINERS (working title). The pilot is for BBC Radio Scotland and has potential for network TV.

Innovation, diversity and ideas with appeal to a younger audience are what we're looking for - to promote a bold, innovative and contemporary slant on Scottish comedy.

Whether your comedy is best suited to radio, TV, online or mobile platforms it should be light-hearted, broadly inclusive and irreverent. Standalone concepts; daft/funny stunts, i-dents; quickies etc. also encouraged.

In addition to writers, Angel Eye Media are interested in hearing from fresh and innovative illustrators, animators and gamers as well as stand-up comedians who have material with potential for developing into sketch form.

Angel Eye Media has produced more than forty comedy and entertainment programmes for UK terrestrial TV. Sitcom series include The Last Chancers, The Estate Agents and Edinburgh or Bust for Channel 4, plus several comedy series for BBC Radio 4, as well as the BBC's first exclusive online sketch show Cowards, for BBC Three.

SUBMISSIONS
Please email scripts, outlines etc. from Tue 8th May 07
DEADLINE
Friday 1st June 2007 5PM.
TX
Tbc. BBC Radio Scotland (2x30’) with potential for BBC Three.
CAST
Tbc. We envisage core sketches for single person to 4-handers.
SCRIPTS
Please don’t send us the original of your script. Send a copy by email and keep the original for yourself.

Please direct all submissions and/or enquiries to:

Charlotte Macdonald - charlotte.m@angeleye.co.uk

We look forward to hearing from you.

Charlotte Macdonald
Associate Producer
Tel +44 (0)845 230 0062
Mob +44 (0)7733 452 278
Fax +44 (0)845 230 9562
53 Bothwell StreeT, Fourth Floor, Glasgow G2 6TS

9 Rudolf Place, Miles Street, London SW8 1RP

Are there any exsiting shows that accept submissions? If there are, they'd probably already be here, but thought I'd ask anyway.

Does anyone know when/if Recorded For Training Purposes is going to be back and when the submissions start?

RFTP is back in the autumn, dates TBC. As for whether is accepts submissions, not 100% sure. However it has a large pool of non-commissioned writers so I suspect not.

Before I was into comedy writing I used to watch 'Shoot the Writers' and laugh(in the bad way) at some of the stuff that got put on there (Except the Slaggs of course ;)) and what wasted opportunity's with people submitting cheesy old jokes.

But now, how I long for it to return!

Quote: Leevil @ June 2, 2007, 1:56 AM

Before I was into comedy writing I used to watch 'Shoot the Writers' and laugh(in the bad way) at some of the stuff that got put on there (Except the Slaggs of course ;)) and what wasted opportunity's with people submitting cheesy old jokes.

But now, how I long for it to return!

One of my son's mates was involved in that - did a bit of acting in it.

I'll find what's going on.