Celebs you've met that were very friendly Page 4

Quote: SlagA @ January 13 2010, 4:09 PM GMT

What were you serving him, the writ?

TG strikes me as a particularly nice guy, btw. And I'd love to meet him.

I noticed. And it's appreciated. Left a thanks on your profile. Will return the compliment - I like your Lovett episodes.
:)

Glad you liked 'I, Lovett'. I'm hoping to put some episodes of Police Squad! up soon.

Don't tell Mrs Hillier this but me would be very curious what type of person Sussanah Doyle of Drop The Donkey and Ballykissangel fame is like. Has any of you young bucks met her and if so how do you find her?

Tim Vine. Very friendly, nice guy. Talked about his dad being a lecturer at a college I used to go to and was a genuinely pleasant man.

Anne Swithinbank. She gave me an easter egg and a pat on the head.

Quote: James Cotter @ January 13 2010, 3:48 PM GMT

Chris Barrie was a delight to talk to. Very engaging about Red Dwarf, Brittas, Tomb Rader and especially engaging when talking about cars.

Why are you both ignoring Brucie?

Nah, that's Richard Wilson.

Quote: IT David @ January 13 2010, 11:18 PM GMT

Don't tell Mrs Hillier this but me would be very curious what type of person Sussanah Doyle of Drop The Donkey and Ballykissangel fame is like. Has any of you young bucks met her and if so how do you find her?

Though shalt not covet thy neighbour's donkey (star thereof).

Quote: James Cotter @ January 13 2010, 3:54 PM GMT

Who Chris?

Yes, he looks very miffed, like he's been quantum leaped from 1948

Quote: Paul W @ January 14 2010, 7:49 AM GMT

Yes, he looks very miffed, like he's been quantum leaped from 1948

I think he just wants to get back to looking at classic cars.

I met Noel Fielding a few times and he has always been super friendly.

Quote: Badge @ January 14 2010, 12:36 AM GMT

Why are you both ignoring Brucie?

Quote: zooo @ January 14 2010, 12:38 AM GMT

Nah, that's Richard Wilson.

I'm just guessing, but it's not Marc P by any chance is it?

:D

Quote: Marc P @ October 26 2009, 7:51 AM GMT

I wrote some stand up for Chris Barrie once when he was on a tour with Norman Lovett. That was fun.

Quote: Leevil @ January 13 2010, 2:46 PM GMT

And I know who he dreams about...

More like

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ January 13 2010, 2:54 PM GMT

My niece waited on Bruce Forsyth's table at some do recently and said he was lovely, very polite and friendly.

Nice to hear. Pity he's so excruciatingly embarrassing on that terrible dancing programme.

Quote: Aaron @ January 14 2010, 6:45 PM GMT

More like...

Oh no! A.<3.D has been bumped? Teary

Can I have him? :D

Quote: James Cotter @ January 13 2010, 3:48 PM GMT

Chris Barrie was a delight to talk to. Very engaging about Red Dwarf, Brittas, Tomb Rader and especially engaging when talking about cars.

He looks not dissimilar to my GP in that one.

Quote: Darren Pomroy @ January 14 2010, 10:28 AM GMT

I met Noel Fielding a few times and he has always been super friendly.

You didn't stay long enough to see the extreme paranoia.

Quote: Leevil @ January 14 2010, 6:46 PM GMT

Oh no! A.<3.D has been bumped? Teary

Can I have him? :D

You want the sloppy seconds?

I met Norman Wisdom once. What a top bloke. Very down to earth. Shame he is in a home now

Not all of these are "friendly" but.....

1) Mark Found
Doubt anyone has heard of him but he was a TV presenter on Discovery/Living etc and also did the sound for The Mighty Boosh (Series 2 & 3), The Office and Harry & Paul: http://www.wix.com/markfound/mark-found-on-sound
Very nice chap indeed.

2) Steve Oram
Has appeared in various bits and bobs, including playing a tramp in series 3 of The Mighty Boosh. Only met him very briefly though.

3) Alice Lowe
Has appeared in IT Crowd, Rob Brydon's Anually Retentive and Garth Marenghi's Darkplace, plus many other things. Again, only met her briefly.

4) Steve Coogan
Grumpy chap at first, seemed very reserved and reluctant to speak but soon perked up when my mother (who was one of the people with me at the time) asked for a kiss from him as it was her 40th birthday. He agreed...

That was in 2008. Yes, my mum looks young but then again I'm only in my early 20s myself...