Fame?

So who here wants to be famous? I know I don't. For me it seems to be one of the things that puts me off. As a writer, I'm in no really danger of it, but as a struggling writing, it's looking ever more likely that the way to succeed it to perform.

I'm not sure I have the balls to do stand up. I think I could be encouraged to perform as part of a team though. But it is my ambition to appear in a very small part of my finally commissioned sitcom.

I'd like to be well know in the industry, enough for me to get regular work and the ability to choose what I do. But being as famous as someone like Ricky Gervais, who to be fair is considered a comedian, not writer, would not interest me at all.

I suppose at the end of the day, you can choose the fame you want, if I do have to perform to succeed, I could easily retreat into obscurity once I reached my goal.

I'll have the fortune though, no worrys about that.

Cool

I did appear in Heat magazine this week, but only in my copy, when I cracked one off to a picture of Billie Piper with sweaty armpits. :P

I too would like to get paid for writing. Don't care about the fame. I'm too old for all that class A stuff.

I think I'd like a famous name, but not a famous face.
Of course I'd love to be known and respected within the industry (who wouldn't).

Quote: zooo @ April 18, 2007, 5:54 PM

Of course I'd love to be known and respected within the industry (who wouldn't).

Whoever wrote My Hero?

Lee you apperance in Heat was a little bit to much information Poor Billie

As for fame, not really bothered I just wanna make something that people like watching and makes them laugh.

It covered up her sweaty arm pits, covered them up good!

Like Zooo, I want the famous name, so that people look at a programme and go "Oh it's written by Martin Holmes, this should (will) be good", that would be the most fame I could ask for. And respected within the industry obviously and for Billie Piper to know who I am.

As you can tell from the use of Slagg Brothers, we chose a name to (hopefully) be remembered rather than use our own names. The brand is more important in my mind to audience and employers than our real names. Fame as Slagg Brothers yes, as hopefully the distance between the myth and the reality will provide some insulation. I'll take whatever is thrown at me with gladness as long as I get paid. If this makes sense?

What are your real names? I'm going for Keith and Cecil.

I guess one of you is called Jones (its a safe bet considering you're Welsh)

I think famous people go through alot of shit, if only they had something to comfort themselves with, like lots of money.

My view is I don't care either way, the only problem is that i'm rubbish with names so I would be one of those famous people who only knows other famous people. That would be bad.

It would just be good to make a living from something that I enjoy doing. I don't want fame. All those skeletons .......

...oh god I forgot the skeletons...no fame for me thanks...

Yeah skeletons, f**k that

RE-Slagg Brothers, if you look at their user profile, the blonde one in the gas mask is Billie Piper.

Really? I remember Billie having a better body but it's gotta be true why would Jesus lie.

The church does it for him.