General Election 2010 Page 137

Indeed, indeed.

Campbell looks almost unslimy next to Piers Morgan. Is he trying to reinvent himself as a nice guy he way Portillo did/still is?

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ May 27 2010, 11:38 PM BST

Campbell looks almost unslimy next to Piers Morgan.

Painful, wasn't it? Such an absolute arse.

Alistair Campbell's great.

And now Blears showing leg on This Week. I done a bit of sick in my mouth.

Quote: Aaron @ May 27 2010, 11:42 PM BST

And now Blears showing leg on This Week.

Have you noticed how she swivels her head like a ventriloquist's dummy, and has to physically lift her leg with her hand in order to cross it?

Quote: bigfella @ May 27 2010, 11:26 PM BST

Oh come on. Its the sort of thing Campbell used to do everysingle day of the week and twice on a Sunday.

I'm not talking personalities, I'm talking the Murdochisation of the BBC.

Quote: Timbo @ May 27 2010, 11:51 PM BST

Have you noticed how she swivels her head like a ventriloquist's dummy, and has to physically lift her leg with her hand in order to cross it?

It's really, really creepy.

And I can understand why, this is going too far. I wonder if Portillo and Abbott got so close and touchy with each other that the Beeb thought it was getting too steamy? I hope these two misfits don't start stroking each other the way they did.

So looks like Cameron has his first big call to make with David Laws.

Doesn't make it easy that he is a lim dem and he is in the treasury. But I can't see how he remain in office.

New politics = old politics. Laws's position is untenable.

Tricky for Cam though - he'll want a Lib Dem in the Treasury but he's used up all the "major" ones in other roles, so either he gives the job to a Lib Dem nonentity or a Tory. But if the latter it means less blood on Lib Dem hands when the cuts start to sting.

Not sure. It is clear that the problem arose because he began screwing his landlord, rather than that he put property in the name of a partner so that they could both profit from the taxpayer, which is what the rules are presumaly intended to prevent. Whether or not he began having sex with his landlord his costs would have been the same. In failing to divulge his relationship his principal concern was to cover up that he was a closet queen, not to defraud the taxpayer. Had he come clean about his relationship it would have been possible to structure his affairs so that he could have claimed mortgage relief on the new property and claimed for the expense of outfitting, which might have been more to his benefit. He has shown poor judgement, but he has not been unmasked as a scoundrel.

I suspect the circumstances will mean that people will be sympathetic. and that the risk of appearing homophobic will mean calls for his blood are muted.

The smart thing to do would be for him to publicly offer his resignation, and for Cameron to publicly refuse it.

Have the Tories said why they objected to Cambell? Why should it matter to them that there's no member of the shadow cabinet present?

I'm sick of the expenses twaddle. It's so boring, and terribly misleading and distracting from real problems we have in this country.

David Cameron should resign.