Any subtitles/scripts for Men Behaving Badly?

Hiya!
I have recently purchased Men Behaving Badly complete boxset, good bargain by the way, but unfortunately I found out there's no subtitles included in it.
I am looking foward to watch it, but I'm afraid my English is not good enough to catch all the lines at ear (or maybe I am only a little lazy), so even a scripts trascription would be of some help to me.
I searched ont the web, but no avails so far, so I thought if there was a possibility this would be the right place to ask.
Thank you in advance for your aid.

See Amazon product listing

Not all the scripts though.

To be honest I had alredy found this one, but I don't know how many episodes are in there, I suppose only a fews.
Anyway thank you, in the worst case I'll try this one ;)

Quote: Gianni Merryman @ December 10 2009, 2:54 PM GMT

To be honest I had alredy found this one, but I don't know how many episodes are in there, I suppose only a fews.
Anyway thank you, in the worst case I'll try this one ;)

It's a bit bad that they sold you a box set without subtitles. Was this a set sold in Italy or did you order it in? Perhaps you could get a refund?

Uhm, I usually buy English DVDs (but not only) directly from English websites such as Play or The Hut (I hope I am not going against any any anti-spam rules), they have a lot of bargains and I think it would be very difficult to find the most of them in Italy, except the few ones that have been brodcast even here, like The office, anyway I would generally prefer watching them in the English version.
I usually look if subtitles are mentioned in the details, and they usually have them, not in this case though, so I don't think I will be going to ask for a refund, in any case I paid quite a ridiculous price for it.
I think my English is not that bad and I could easily catch the gist of a scene and most of the dialogues, but in my experience some scripting lines from Shameless, Spaced or The Office, specially when some urban jargon is used, may be rather difficult to be caught from a not-native English speaker, and I feel a little frustratred when I am supposed to be laughing at the joke and I can't catch it.

Hmmm, I suppose there might have been script books available of the show, but I can't recall ever having seen any. Best of luck anyway. ;)

As another foreign DVD buyer, I understand your problem. I hate the absence of DVD subtitles on DVDs!

Quote: Gianni Merryman @ December 10 2009, 4:12 PM GMT

directly from English websites such as Play or The Hut (I hope I am not going against any any anti-spam rules)

Don't worry about referring to or recommending websites. It's pretty obvious when somebody is spamming.

:)

Gianni, you should have bought the Men Behaving Badly box set from States - region 1 release has subtitles!

I hate it when britcoms do not have subtitles - especially if there's a specific dialect involved. Amazon.co.uk is incredibly lazy in listing this feature in their description, and I usually need to scan other places to see if this particular release has subs.

And I do not bother buying DVDs without subtitles. I'm sure the companies do not care, but there are several DVDs or even boxsets I have not bought just for these reason.

Another good thing is to find out if you can see the "closed captioning" subtitles from Region 1 - and then buy from amazon.com. This way I bought several britcoms which otherwise are not available with subtitles at all (e.g. The Vicar Of Dibley, first series of Yes Minister, first two series of 'Allo 'Allo!, The Thin Blue Line, and I'm going to purchase To The Manor Born and/or Coupling sets some day).
They can be viewed on SMPlayer, Windows Players (starting from 10 or 11, I think) and if you must pay for it, CyberLink PowerDVD.

I think first series of My Family were subless in Region 1 and 2 releases, while they had subtitles in Australian release (if I'm not mistaken).

So if somebody owned the Region 1 version he could possibly manage to extract the subtitles from DVD, even only to have a read at it? Is there somebody of you reading this and owing the american version who can help with this, please?
Speaking of Yes minster, I have found subtitles for series one and using a simple text editor I made up and printed the scripts of each of the seven episodes.
It's really helpful to fill the gapes every time I am missing something. ;)

Back to Men behaving badly, this afternoon I gave a try at watching the first episode; I think it's going to catch me, it seems to be a very brilliant sitcom indeed, pity I missed many jokes. :(
If Simon Nye or whoever should read this, please release some bloody subtitles! Angry Laughing out loud or at least a book with all the scripts, I don't mind paying another tenner fot it.

Maybe as I improve my english I will catch more and more, at least I hope so, because I don't think I am going to purchase the region 1 version shortly, unfortunately I am not made of money Laughing out loud