Reading of the Will

There is an old British (I think) radio sketch about/called the reading of the will. I heard it many years ago on an Air New Zealand flight! It had me in stitches and I am trying to locate a downloadable copy of it. It is called the "Reading of the Will". A group of people is gathered in a room where the will is being read, but unbeknown to those gathered, there is a faulty canister of laughing gas in the room which slowly causes the people to start giggling and laughing (very subtly at first) at inappropriate times in the reading. It ends with everyone laughing uncontrollably. Is's simple humour, but classic stuff. I'd be grateful for anyone with information on it. I think the sketch is 40/50 years old. Thanks Luke

It's not something I'm familiar with offhand. Can you tell us anything else about the programme it was in?

Sounds like maybe a Hancock.

Not Hancock AFAIK . More like Bentine to me . .

Bugger, my researches seem to be heading towards me buying Potty Time on DVD !

:P

As you were ! It's available to rent on Lovefilm !

:P :P :P :P

Paul Merton did one like that in Garlton and Simpson.

The actual reading of the will was done by a female comedian. I am pretty sure she was a well established radio performer of the time and I am pretty sure the recording was not the best quality suggesting it was as early as 1940s or 1950s.

Thanks

Luke

Or indeed as late as the 1970s. Unimpressed

Quote: Oldrocker @ December 5 2009, 11:49 AM GMT

Bugger, my researches seem to be heading towards me buying Potty Time on DVD !

I wish they'd release more.

Reading of the will - old radio sketch where laughing gas was introduced into the office as the will was being read -