Worst American sitcoms inflicted on the UK Page 3

Anyone mentioned Blossom yet?

I have fond memories of this, but I would not dare watch it now lest it make me realise what a bunch of poo it was.

Son of the Beach. Truly, truly awful a Baywatch spoof that seems to cross the line from parody to being even more sleazy and questionable than Baywatch itself.
Reno 911, later series, some of the earlier episodes were quite amusing but the longer it goes on the worse it gets.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ November 24 2009, 7:26 PM GMT

Anyone mentioned Blossom yet?

I have fond memories for this show also, but none that I would wish to share on a public internet forum. Whistling nnocently

Quote: Kenneth @ November 24 2009, 1:14 PM GMT

How about his voice? If you liked Everybody Loves Raymond, you might enjoy Small Wonder, in which a nice family has a robot daughter.

Don't mess with my childhood! Do show aimed at 4-12 year olds, airing on Saturday mornings count as a "sitcom"?

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 24 2009, 7:28 PM GMT

I have fond memories for this show also, but none that I would wish to share on a public internet forum. Whistling nnocently

Phoar! That Blossom, eh, that Blossom...

I'd give her a "very special episode".

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ November 24 2009, 8:01 PM GMT

I was thinking more of her mate... No, no I wasn't and you can't prove anything! Angry

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ November 24 2009, 8:01 PM GMT

Not if you saw her now, you wouldn't.

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 24 2009, 8:02 PM GMT

I was thinking more of her mate...

Six. Yes, I'm ashamed that I know that.

The last two American sitcoms I watched were 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' and 'The Office'. Both were unoriginal and relied on filth and shock value in order to get laughs.

Quote: IT David @ November 24 2009, 8:16 PM GMT

The last two American sitcoms I watched were 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' and 'The Office'. Both were unoriginal and relied on filth and shock value in order to get laughs.

Well, The Office was bound to suffer from some originality issues... Errr

"Filth" is a rather vague word? I mean, it encompasses a broad spectrum of what individuals might find offensive or vulgar, doesn't it? It is a rather subjective, no? What specifically about 'Curb...', for example, did you find to be "filth"? Was it just stuff such as the "Beloved C**t" episode, or was there more?

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 24 2009, 8:21 PM GMT

Filth is a very subjective term...?

Unless you're an environmental health officer? :)

Quote: Dave @ November 24 2009, 6:40 PM GMT

I'd say Friends is the worst.

Anyone who says Friends is the worst US sitcom (broadcast in the UK) clearly has not seen Full House and a host of other awful sitcoms.

Quote: IT David @ November 24 2009, 8:16 PM GMT

IT David is no longer the copyright paranoia guy. He's now the filth police (filth filth?) too.

I'm beginning to like him.

Wow. This thread is seriously shocking. I have seen nominations for Seinfeld, Friends, The Office and Curb Your Enthusiasm and yet as far as I can see, nobody has mentioned Two and Half F**king Men!

Has the world gone insane?!

Quote: Kenneth @ November 24 2009, 8:29 PM GMT

Anyone who says Friends is the worst US sitcom (broadcast in the UK) clearly has not seen Full House and a host of other awful sitcoms.

After having Friends inflicted on me I don't watch any US sitcoms.