Simon Munnery

Simon Munnery, what's he up to these days?

Stand up. He popped up in Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle several times too.

You can get a fairly recent DVD of his stuff at Go Faster Stripe. Here's the link.

I have bought it but haven't got around to watching it yet.

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ November 11 2009, 9:08 AM GMT

You can get a fairly recent DVD of his stuff at Go Faster Stripe. Here's the link.

I have bought it but haven't got around to watching it yet.

Dan

I have that, it's really good, loads of stuff on it.

One of my weirdest comedy experiences was performing in the comedy tent at a music festival at Bruce Castle in Tottenham, North London, where Simon Munnery was compering to an audience of 1!

I thought he was kidding during the break when he told me that I was next on and should do 20 minutes, but no he was serious and I went on an performed for the audient (is that the singular of 'audience'?), Angie, and a few other comics who were hanging about, whilst a packed music festival went on around us, a most surreal experience.

Simon was brilliant though and I got the impression that he'd be funny even if he was on his own and an audience was almost entirely inconsequential to his humour.

The biggest drunken prick I ever made of myself (in relation to comedy) was to instigate a heckler's dialogue lasting about 15 minutes with Alan Parker, Urban Warrior, whilst he was doing a gig at my med school. Apparently he said afterwards that he'd kind of enjoyed it, but I think it probably ruined the set for many of the rest of the audience. Apologies if any of you are reading this, I should really reimburse you the cost of your ticket. (Then again, it was about 1995/6? So what with inflation etc...) :(

The League Against Tedium was ace. :)

"What to say after sex? "Thank you," seems like too much. "I'm sorry," too little."