Wedding Day Page 3

Quote: Marc P @ October 24 2009, 11:10 PM BST

Steve I preferred you when you had a moustache.

--- and I prefer you without a cap!

Quote: Roodeye @ October 24 2009, 11:46 PM BST

Can you feel the love in the room?

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

No, I feel the cold chill of desire.

Quote: Morrace @ October 24 2009, 11:47 PM BST

--- and I prefer you without a cap!

I'm going back on the Hay diet.

:D

Quote: AngieBaby @ October 24 2009, 11:32 PM BST

To be honest Marc, you don't come across as that, but I hope to take you up on that one day. ;)

Err why not. genuinely puzzled by that one. ???

Yeah I mainly come on here to give shit advice and nick ideas.

I thought Roodeyes Stuntman sketch was funnier, but that only got one reply.
There's no accounting for taste.
;)

Quote: Marc P @ October 25 2009, 12:08 AM BST

I never got that impression in fact a lot of people appreciate the advice that you give.

Quote: AngieBaby @ October 24 2009, 11:32 PM BST

To be honest Marc, you don't come across as that, but I hope to take you up on that one day. ;)

I don't know whether there are any other successful professional script writers/authors regularly posting here, but I'm often amazed that the Pearson guy has the time and cheerful willingness to offer advice. As plenty of writers are cranky.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ October 25 2009, 12:09 AM BST

I thought Roodeyes Stuntman sketch was funnier, but that only got one reply.
There's no accounting for taste.
;)

I don't think the number of replies is an indicator of how good it is; remember the Back to School thread? :D

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ October 25 2009, 12:11 AM BST

I don't think the number of replies is an indicator of how good it is; remember the Back to School thread? :D

James Cotter is a busy guy, but I eagerly look forward to his next work posted in Critique.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ October 25 2009, 12:11 AM BST

:D

True again
:)

Quote: Kenneth @ October 25 2009, 12:10 AM BST

I don't know whether there are any other successful professional script writers/authors regularly posting here, but I'm often amazed that the Pearson guy has the time and cheerful willingness to offer advice. As plenty of writers are cranky.

The site is great, and anyone can offer advice whether they know what they are talking about or not, and can be as cheerful as they like.
That's the good thing about it, it's an equal playing field.

Quote: Kenneth @ October 25 2009, 12:13 AM BST

James Cotter is a busy guy, but I eagerly look forward to his next work posted in Critique.

It will be an event for sure.

Quote: Roodeye @ October 25 2009, 12:17 AM BST

a good sketch will sometimes get bad reviews simply because people dislike the author personally or are jealous of his/her talent.

It's a funny old world. Cool

I liked your Sherlock Holmes thing.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ October 25 2009, 12:17 AM BST

It will be an event for sure.

He's currently working on a documentary of Peter Cook, Dudley Moore, John Cleese, Kenny Everett and others.

Quote: Roodeye @ October 25 2009, 12:22 AM BST

Thank you.

I knew you were a decent type (at heart).

It's true. :)

Sometimes, a bad sketch will get good reviews simply because people like the author personally or are atttacted to the avatar.

Equally, a good sketch will sometimes get bad reviews simply because people dislike the author personally or are jealous of his/her talent.

It's a funny old world. Cool

I've seen examples of the former but none of the latter. As far as I know good stuff gets called good stuff in Critique, pretty universally.

Quote: Marc P @ October 25 2009, 12:08 AM BST

And the puns - don't forget the puns.

Sometimes, a bad sketch will get good reviews simply because people like the author personally or are atttacted to the avatar.

Equally, a good sketch will sometimes get bad reviews simply because people dislike the author personally or are jealous of his/her talent.

Not really seen that. Perhaps people can be more inclined to 'work' with the writer more in seeing the funny if they like their work and have confidence in them, but mostly the feedback strikes me as attempting to be constructive, and I can't see anyone praising a sketch just to suck up. Similarly I have never known anyone ganged up on in Critique. (Well except James, and that is just tough love.)

I had intended to post something similar to Dolly before reading her post. YHWB.