Dating sites Page 3

It would never work here, because people on dating sites usually want someone with a GSoH.

Is it 3 or 4 couples have met through BCG?

I think there are dating "forums" but they are too gear towards meeting someone - which makes it a bit of less formal and stuffy.

I did once consider joining a dating site when I was about 18 (after losing all my weight because women scared the shit out of me) as a sort of joke but not really sort of way, but thought I would give the normal way a try, get drunk and go for anything with a pulse.

Quote: Nogget @ October 8 2009, 10:18 PM BST

Has anyone tried dating websites? What's your experience of them?

This one's good.

Quote: Paul W @ October 9 2009, 8:19 AM BST

I did once consider joining a dating site when I was about 18 (after losing all my weight because women scared the shit out of me) as a sort of joke but not really sort of way, but thought I would give the normal way a try, get drunk and go for anything with a pulse.

How much weight did you lose?

Don't know how people write those little ads about themselves. I would sound really awful summed up in a paragraph and wouldn't it be horrible if no one ever contacted you?

Quote: Nil Putters @ October 9 2009, 10:50 AM BST

This one's good.

I've heard it's full of weirdos. :)

Weirdos is good.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ October 9 2009, 11:00 AM BST

How much weight did you lose?

I lost 6 stone all together.

I would brag, but BigFella might be lurking to beat me down :(

I met my girlfriend on the internet.

(No, it WASN'T a Thai Bride website.)

It was on PalTalk (don't know if it's still going) which was video chatroom software.

I met mine through the 'net as well. Random MSN contact - 5 years later - Bam! (not BCG member Bam!).

Do you feel comfortable telling people you 'met on the internet'?
Or do you think it sounds a bit sad, and that people associate that with weird desperate losers?

Quote: Paul W @ October 9 2009, 12:35 PM BST

I lost 6 stone all together.

I would brag, but BigFella might be lurking to beat me down :(

Well done. :)

My sister met her partner through Friends Reunited. He was a fellow pupil she didn't recall, but he still remembered her.

Oh and my cousin met his wife through Friends Reunited too. They had dated at school years before, met up again and are now married with two children.

Quote: zooo @ October 9 2009, 1:55 PM BST

Do you feel comfortable telling people you 'met on the internet'?
Or do you think it sounds a bit sad, and that people associate that with weird desperate losers?

I think it depends. If two people met innocently through a non-dating website, I think it can be considered okay.

But if the story of how you met begins -

'I placed an advert on Leather Bitches dot com for a bisexual submissive rubber schoolgirl into golden showers, scat and over the knee spanking age play...'

- then you might want to keep it to yourself and tell people you met in a pub.

I sometimes don't know what to say when people ask how I met his nibs.

Quote: zooo @ October 9 2009, 2:08 PM BST

Tell them you were both taken hostage at a raid on a bank.

Oooh! Like it.

Quote: zooo @ October 9 2009, 2:08 PM BST

Just say you downloaded him. In a sense it's true.