Benidorm - Series 3 Page 2

Good episode. Didn't really notice it being a hour. Some real laugh out loud moments and a good re-introduction to the characters. Sheridan was great and should be a very interesting character to look out for in future episodes.

I liked it although I was surprised it was an hour long, I prefer the tighter half hour episodes which are definitely the best format for sitcom - although they have a bigger cast to cater for. Sheridan is definitely a good addition though.

I enjoyed it - although wouldn't quite give it the same gushing review as Aaron mind.

Didn't realize the new series had started until my Usenet grabber notified me that it had been downloaded.

Quote: Jack Massey @ October 3 2009, 11:40 AM BST

Got it recorded, but with it being an hour long, it is a big commitment to sit down and watch it, but I do think it is quite good.

Well, assuming you have the ability to fast-forward through the adverts, it's only 45 minutes. But the time will fly by.

Really enjoying this, can't believe ITV got away with the 'black pudding' gag tho'!

Not as good this week was it?

Quote: bigfella @ October 11 2009, 7:39 PM BST

No as good this week was it?

It can't have been. I gave it a try after the glowing recommendations here, and I got as far as the dreary towels-on-sunbeds bit before giving up. It looked like a lot of location money and talented actors wasted on a crap script.

Should I give it another go?

I think this is a good mainstream sitcom.

The new Scouse character has made it a million times better. She is easily the most recognisible character and I think it's amazing how Sheridan Smith has been able to take off the Scouse girl so perfectly considering she is normal in real life.

Quote: Nogget @ October 11 2009, 7:53 PM BST

It can't have been. I gave it a try after the glowing recommendations here, and I got as far as the dreary towels-on-sunbeds bit before giving up. It looked like a lot of location money and talented actors wasted on a crap script.

Same impression on me. I gave it a go after reading how good it was and was left massively disappointed. :(

Quote: bigfella @ October 11 2009, 7:39 PM BST

Not as good this week was it?

No, indeed. Still quite a lot of good stuff, but not as constant or regular an amount. A bit more story somewhat at the expense of humour.

Love Benidorm. I've met all those characters over the years in various place - including Benidorm! They were so bad they often gave us such a laugh that they made the holiday.

Better than last week.

The fella from AWPet was class!

Yeah, quite enjoyed that tonight. Best line was 'you blow hot and cold', Sheridan Smith replied 'who are they'?

Looking forward to the Robin Askwith appearance, should be interesting.

I enjoyed this weeks episode. I noticed that Derren Litten had quoted some of the BCG Benidorm review on his twitter :)