Richard Bacon Doing Stand Up?! Page 2

Quote: Aaron @ September 1 2009, 7:10 PM BST

On the BCG.

Err yeah, that's where I found it.

*closes chortle page*

I watched it and found it wanktastic - "You had to give in your blue peter badge!" *pause* *no laugh*

Richard Bacon was by far the funniest host Top of the pops have ever had, apart from possibly Jimmy Saville. He was also the third greatest male Big Breakfast host, in many ways he is a television legend, however for whatever reason his brilliance is often ignored.

I saw him once in WH Smiths.

what was he buying?

He was reading magazines.
Didn't buy a bloody thing.
IT'S NOT A LIBRARY.

Richard Bacon actually came to my street and got one of my neighours to do 'Streaky Bacon'. Where the participant would "get naked" and only wear streaky bacon over their *bits* and then run around an obstacle course.

That was... surreal.

7 minutes in and haven't laughed once. I think I'll stop now. My verdict? Shit.

Quote: Nil Putters @ September 2 2009, 9:18 AM BST

7 minutes in and haven't laughed once. I think I'll stop now. My verdict? Shit.

I think you're being kind...

I don't mind Richard Bacon - and anybody who snorts cocaine whilst being a presenter on Blue Peter can't be all bad - but I can never get passed the fact he's exactly like a young Alan partridge in the way he phrases things. So much so I remember Steve Coogan mentioning it to him when Bacon interviewed him on the Big Breakfast.

As for him doing stand up, why not? There are a lot of people out there doing it who shouldn't, so why not him as well.

Quote: Splodge @ September 2 2009, 9:37 AM BST

I think you're being kind...

I did want to turn off within 2 minutes but thought I'd give it a decent go.

Quote: chipolata @ September 2 2009, 9:54 AM BST

I can never get passed the fact he's exactly like a young Alan partridge in the way he phrases things. So much so I remember Steve Coogan mentioning it to him when Bacon interviewed him on the Big Breakfast.

Laughing out loud I can't ignore that now.

His standup is alright, not bad for his *very* first go.