Can you draw? Page 3

Quote: Leevil @ August 22 2009, 7:32 PM BST

Awesome, Nil! :D

That's cool. Apart from that "tattoo" I've never drawn anything from imagination (aprt from doodles and cartoons).

I'm the other way around, because I've always hated drawing objects/scenery etc. I prefer to just draw from my imagination, and I'm a pretty good cartoonist. I came top in quite a few Art exams when I was at school.

I can draw and paint. I've got one painting in a national collection and have made a lot of money from selling my work.

The last time I posted an image on here it ended up on an erotic German blog (yes, really) so I'm reluctant to put anything else up. I did a search for it in the database but I couldn't find it.

Here's the link to the pervy blog

Quote: Curt @ August 22 2009, 8:13 PM BST

Very cool. It's got a sort of Frank Frazetta/ Rob Liefeld feel to it.

I don't have any of my work right now as I'm redesigning my webpage but I'll be sure to dig this thread up when its done (hopefully in the next week or so).
I was able to only find a few cartoons I had done that are for some reason still up:

Cheers Curt.

What do you do?

Quote: random @ August 22 2009, 8:03 PM BST

When done, make sure we get to see it, yeah?

And what is 'The Tick'?

Will do. :)

A great, laugh out loud, comic. http://www.newenglandcomics.com/cgi-bin/shop/search.cgi?user_id=24865&database=tick.csv&template=details.htm&0_option=1&0=NSP05619

Quote: Ben @ August 22 2009, 8:05 PM BST

That Tick mural is great, Nil. I like the 'litter' sign too.

Thanks Ben.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ August 22 2009, 8:17 PM BST

I can draw and paint. I've got one painting in a national collection and have made a lot of money from selling my work.

The last time I posted an image on here it ended up on an erotic German blog (yes, really) so I'm reluctant to put anything else up. I did a search for it in the database but I couldn't find it.

Is that the pic?

Quote: catskillz @ August 22 2009, 8:17 PM BST

I'm the other way around, because I've always hated drawing objects/scenery etc. I prefer to just draw from my imagination, and I'm a pretty good cartoonist. I came top in quite a few Art exams when I was at school.

I'd love to be able to do it. Being able to draw Fantasy art, would be fun. Although a lot of that IMO can look kinda tacky, but some can look awesome.

Quote: Nil Putters @ August 22 2009, 8:18 PM BST

A great, laugh out loud, comic. http://www.newenglandcomics.com/cgi-bin/shop/search.cgi?user_id=24865&database=tick.csv&template=details.htm&0_option=1&0=NSP05619

Never heard of that mate...

That's really good. I'm not great a 'proper' art, although I do have one pointillism piece I'm rather proud of.

Quote: random @ August 22 2009, 8:22 PM BST

Never heard of that mate...

It's very funny. If you read comics, it's a must (the Edlund ones anyway).

I remember that picture of the lady, Godot. It's very good.

Quote: Nil Putters @ August 22 2009, 8:24 PM BST

That's really good. I'm not great a 'proper' art, although I do have one pointillism piece I'm rather proud of.

You must be dotty to do that? :S

Quote: random @ August 22 2009, 8:21 PM BST

Is that the pic?

Yeah. Most of my work isn't that cheesy, but it was a commission. She was an accountant surprisingly - or unsurprisingly.

Quote: Leevil @ August 22 2009, 8:25 PM BST

Pleased

Quote: Leevil @ August 22 2009, 8:25 PM BST

:D I don't get your point.

You talented bastard!

She kinda looks like,

Quote: Godot Taxis @ August 22 2009, 8:25 PM BST

Yeah. Most of my work isn't that cheesy, but it was a commission. She was an accountant surprisingly - or unsurprisingly.

Pleased

Very impressive :)

Quote: Nil Putters @ August 22 2009, 8:24 PM BST

It's very funny. If you read comics, it's a must (the Edlund ones anyway).

Shall keep a look out.

Another excuse to post this - drawn in MS Paint :D