Can you draw? Page 14

Nice one Fre.. Steve. I like the Barney.

Yes, nice one Freve. Barney does look good. But I enjoyed the number 45 the best. Very conceptual.

Haha

We were all being made redundant.
It was a countdown of working days.

And there were 11 days left for our Bitch boss

Oh, so a happy painting then? :)

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ August 25 2009, 9:25 PM BST

Haha

We were all being made redundant.
It was a countdown of working days.

And there were 11 days left for our Bitch boss

We just spat in their powered milk. Whistling nnocently

Quote: Nil Putters @ August 25 2009, 9:31 PM BST

We just shat in their powered milk. Whistling nnocently

Same here
:D :$ Whistling nnocently

Laughing out loud Would have gone better in the coffee. :D

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ August 25 2009, 8:53 PM BST

I remember her
Wasn't she in The Phantom Tomb Raiders?

Back on topic
Here is an example of my major skills, on the white board at my old job.

Marge works for me :)

Quote: Nil Putters @ August 25 2009, 9:36 PM BST

Laughing out loud Would have gone better in the coffee. :D

:D

Yeah I couldn't nail the Homer.
You can see how dark his forehead is where I kept rubbing it out.
And Benders feet were a bit ropey, but it's hard doing it vertically
oo er!.

Great Barney!

I was thinking about drawing up my comic book creation - Blood & Pussy. I have the characters and a pose for a picture in my head. But how do I go about capturing the detail from my imagination? Do I look for photos of similar things to copy off or is there a trick I'm missing out. Does anyone else have a zoom function in their mind?

Nope, I have great difficulty translating pictures in my brain into pictures on paper.

ShArks! started out as basic triangles (imaging a fin), then evolved.

Just keep drawing, and redrawing, and re-redrawing until you get something that resembles what you wanted. :)

Quote: Nil Putters @ August 30 2009, 2:09 AM BST

Nope, I have great difficult translating pictures in my brain to pictures on paper.

ShArks! started out as basic triangles (imaging a fin), then evolved.

Sharks haven't evolved for millions of years. They've always been basic triangles.

I think I can get the characters down with plenty of rubbing out, but I'll probably just have to look for the gun he'd be holding somewhere else and to and copy it.

Quote: Nil Putters @ August 30 2009, 2:09 AM BST

Just keep drawing, and redrawing, and re-redrawing until you get something that resembles what you wanted. :)

That's the way :)

If I'm in the mood tomorrow will have a quick sketch out, see if I can manage it at all. I'm in the mood now, but it's too late :(

Quote: Leevil @ August 30 2009, 2:13 AM BST

Sharks haven't evolved for millions of years. They've always been basic triangles.

>_< :D

I think I can get the characters down with plenty of rubbing out, but I'll probably just have to look for the gun he'd be holding somewhere else and to and copy it.

That's what I did. You might spend an age on something then ditch it too. Very annoying that. :D Yep, 'referencing' ;) is ok too.

If I'm in the mood tomorrow will have a quick sketch out, see if I can manage it at all. I'm in the mood now, but it's too late :(

Yes, it is late. Might have to go to bed.

Well you get drawing those ShArks! and I'll draw some Blood & Pussy and the world will be a better plaice.