The Science Thread Page 6

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 26th January 2021, 10:10 PM

If you're counting calories why are you eating oven chips? Damn tasty as they might be swap them for boiled and steamed potatoes for the much lower fat, carbs and salt content. With all those kcals in oven chips it's a lot of energy you have to burn off. ....................................

I can't exercise for too long owing to COPD and my wife is housebound so jogging etc. is completely out, and as for the chips, we both love fish and chips and have them once a week as a "cheat day" - without that to look forward to I doubt if we could stick to the diet. :(

It sounded like you eat chips every day because you mentioned measuring them but if it's a cheat day I know what you mean and those cheat days can keep the whole diet together :)

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 27th January 2021, 12:27 AM

I can't exercise for too long owing to COPD and my wife is housebound so jogging etc. is completely out, and as for the chips, we both love fish and chips and have them once a week as a "cheat day" - without that to look forward to I doubt if we could stick to the diet. :(

I'm not housebound but jogging is definitely out for me as well.