The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 598

The mighty Wolves march on !

Pulis leaves Palace. Very strange.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28797071

Pulis wanted to assume greater control of all football matters at Selhurst Park - especially transfers.

Well of course he did. He's the bloody manager after all.

Up til fairly recently British club Managers were just that and had total control. It's becoming more and more like European football now though where they are just coaches.

Quote: Chappers @ 14th August 2014, 10:23 PM BST

Didn't something similar happen, several years back, with Keegan at Newcastle?

Debating whether to go and see Millwall v Forest. I may need to find someone to accompany me.

Quote: Jennie @ 15th August 2014, 12:20 AM BST

Debating whether to go and see Millwall v Forest. I may need to find someone to accompany me.

See if Harry Callahan is available.

Quote: Chappers @ 14th August 2014, 10:23 PM BST

Pulis wanted to assume greater control of all football matters at Selhurst Park - especially transfers.

Well of course he did. He's the bloody manager after all.

Up til fairly recently British club Managers were just that and had total control. It's becoming more and more like European football now though where they are just coaches.

It's all wrong now, clubs have directors of football who are increasingly clashing with the coach. The two Spurs coaches didn't have a chance last year because the clueless dof spent 80m on several players who'd never played one minute of premiership footy between them.

Quote: Jennie @ 15th August 2014, 12:20 AM BST

Go with the Forest fans on a bus. That way you all get off in a huddle for protection. The fan buses are a larf you learn the new songs that way. I used to take the bus to the super Leeds games, it was better fun than the game.

Went on the Man Utd website yesterday to see if I could book up for any games later on in the season. Virtually all sold out already unless I want the furthest back seats available. Looks like I was lucky getting a fairly decent one for the Palace game.

Come on you Swans. Don't be scared. And let's hope the refs don't get intimidated like in the days of ferguson.

Bring back David Moyes!

:)

Man utd - bottom of the league

Lololololol

Quote: lofthouse @ 16th August 2014, 2:49 PM BST

Man utd - bottom of the league

Lololololol

Oh dear! ;)

It was also the first time that United had lost at home on the opening day of the season since 1972 when they were beaten 3-2 by Ipswich.

They finished 18th that season.

It was a rather uninspired United performance - no exciting passing, no real threat and towards the end they resorted to long balls to Fellaini. Disappointing.

Missing a few key players, but signings are really important now as there's no depth to the squad. Still two weeks to sort something out...

Bugger. They're just outside the relegation places.

Quote: Ben @ 16th August 2014, 4:16 PM BST

It was a rather uninspired United performance - no exciting passing, no real threat and towards the end they resorted to long balls to Fellaini. Disappointing.

Missing a few key players, but signings are really important now as there's no depth to the squad. Still two weeks to sort something out...

So what will they do? Plunder everyone else like they always do (except that time when they produced a few of their own in the 1990s).

Quote: Chappers @ 16th August 2014, 4:57 PM BST

So what will they do? Plunder everyone else like they always do (except that time when they produced a few of their own in the 1990s).

Well it is the fashionable thing to do.