New show by Smack The Pony team Page 2

I seem to remember that. Oh, yes. Here it is, the disappoint is coming back.

Quote: Sean Prower @ July 9 2009, 9:55 AM BST

Doon Mackichan, Sally Phillips and Fiona Allen are to write a new TV show, only this has a narrative. More in the link if you haven't seen it.

http://www.thestage.co.uk/news/newsstory.php/24956/exclusive-smack-the-pony-trio-reunite-for

Personally, I've been waiting for something like this for years. Great news!

Sounds like it's at a very early stage if two production companies are "interested" in developing it. Wouldn't hold your breath.

The most disturbing part of this article for me, though, is the news that Jam and Jerusalem is returning for a 3rd series. What the f**k...?

Don't look at me. I'm just minding my own business, whilst eating an apple.

*chomp*

Now, Leevil, I think you know that this is not the thread to be eating apples in.

Eating apples is for where...?

*leevil mumbles*

Where...?

*leevil mumbles*

Yes, the "What Are You Eating?" thread. So perhaps you should take your apple and go and eat it over there?

Well it was a rotten apple anyway, just like you!

*runs off like 50s TV show scamp*

Leevil! *shakes fist in an exaggerated fashion* You'll pay for that boy!

Smack The Pony was always a hit and miss affair, so I'm not hugely excited by this news.

Quote: Tim Walker @ July 10 2009, 1:42 AM BST

The most disturbing part of this article for me, though, is the news that Jam and Jerusalem is returning for a 3rd series. What the f**k...?

That's not news! We've even had someone from the village where it's filmed posting here about it a few months ago!

Quote: Aaron @ July 10 2009, 1:44 PM BST

That's not news! We've even had someone from the village where it's filmed posting here about it a few months ago!

It is to me. Perhaps I blocked out the news, like a repressed memory of childhood abuse?

Quite possible, yes.

I really like Jam and Jerusalem.

:)

I like Jam.

I wrote a pilot a while back for a show called 'Jerusalem' which now can never be called that, despite it being the perfect title. So I hate it for that reason alone. (Still, someone should have to justify giving Jennifer that guarenteed show-a-year BBC deal a few years back. It was either going to be another series of this or Vivienne Vyle in 2009. Lesser of two evils.)

Quote: Tim Walker @ July 10 2009, 2:02 PM BST

I wrote a pilot a while back for a show called 'Jerusalem' which now can never be called that, despite it being the perfect title. So I hate it for that reason alone. (Still, someone should have to justify giving Jennifer that guarenteed show-a-year BBC deal a few years back. It was either going to be another series of this or Vivienne Vyle.)

What was the premise of the show Tim?

It was actually a pilot episode for a proposed series of 6, where each show would be a self-contained half-hour vehicle for one (or two) recurrent comic actors. The idea was to follow six very different, but very English eccentric characters, in some sort of quest that alluded to them pursuing their dream of "Englishness". From the line, "And we shall build Jerusalem in England's green and pleasant land", the idea was that each of these weird characters had their own vision of paradise to pursue.

(Hope this makes sense in some way? :) So, it wasn't a sitcom, but the title was important to me. When I'm finally buddies with Coogan, I'll perhaps dust it off.)