When depression sinks in...

When depression sinks in, what do you do? Or have you been lucky enough to escape this so far. Angry

PS: I'm not depressed; just bored.

Sit and be pissed off.

Have a wank - that's what you young people do isn't it?

Actually no. Not really. Well... no.

Cry Teary

Quote: Robert D @ July 8 2009, 9:04 PM BST

Actually no. Not really. Well... no.

Yes it is - I've seen you...

I wasn't depressed until I read this thread. "Depression is part of the genre of art," says Cheryl Cole; however, according to the late Fred West, "depression is not so much truth that is part of the genre of boredom, but rather the fatal flaw, and therefore the collapse of a house of cards." This could well be said of one or two of my maiden aunt's sticky buns which she often uses to illustrate the finer points of life as we know it. In fact, Les Dennis' critique of 'Precapitalist Marxist Cream Doughnuts' is a case in point; it implies that language may be used to disempower the underprivileged or empower poodles when it's raining cats and dogs - or chickens when they cross the road to listen to a 'knock-knock' joke.

Try not to wallow in it, but inevitably end up wallowing in it and feeling sick in the put of my stomach. >_<

Quote: Robert D @ July 8 2009, 8:53 PM BST

PS: I'm not depressed; just bored.

So why are you asking?

Get up and do something. Life's too short.

The best thing to do is exercise, which will produce endorphins.

Yep - probably the safest form of self-medication is a bit of exercise. Unless you're running near a cliff.

Booze etc = not a good idea if you're genuinely depressed.

Maybe your favourite comedy video?

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ July 8 2009, 9:37 PM BST

So why are you asking?

Get up and do something. Life's too short.

Do what at 9pm at night (except stop typing on here and watch Torchwood???)

Quote: Robert D @ July 8 2009, 11:42 PM BST

Do what at 9pm at night (except stop typing on here and watch Torchwood???)

Take the dog for a nice long walk. If you've not got a dog, go for the walk anyway and murder a prostitute. Be creative!

Just don't go murdering any clowns prostitutes - there's a shortage, dontcha know?

I used to have a dog but that's a sad story. I can't afford a prostitute however I'm near Blackpool so I could manage a drunk tart. ;)