Scum Page 8

Quote: bigfella @ June 28 2009, 5:45 PM BST

Thats quite a good idea.

I suppose they would have to have some protin and vitimins as well - but they would be extra.

I'm sure it'd be possible to crush vitamin pills down and mix in with the dough.

Or leave lots of cook books on cannibalism around the place.

Quote: sootyj @ June 28 2009, 5:49 PM BST

Yes and train anyone who likes like becoming a nuisance in the future as a suicide bomber.

2 years national service for everyone at eighteen.

But expand it to include the NHS and the Police.

If you have been a good boy or girl in the past then you can choose what you do.

If you have been a c**t then you're in the army, being taught some f**king respect for two years.

We'd need a war pretty sharpish though to thin their numbers out.

Quote: bigfella @ June 28 2009, 5:53 PM BST

2 years national service for everyone at eighteen.

No bloody way. There is no chance in hell that I would have joined the army for two years. That's basically punishing people who've done nothing wrong and were never going to do anything wrong!

Quote: sootyj @ June 28 2009, 5:47 PM BST

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prison_loaf

This is the answer to prison food I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Wow. Never heard of it.

But expand it to include the NHS and the Police.

If you have been a good boy or girl in the past then you can choose what you do.

If you have been a c**t then you're in the army, being taught some f**king respect for two years.

Ok, read the rest now! Slightly better, but still no; being forced into anything is a bad idea if you've done nothing wrong.

Yeah I'm not into the national service thing either. :/

Quote: DaButt @ June 28 2009, 5:56 PM BST

Wow. Never heard of it.

Check the Louis Theroux episode at the prison. About a year old I think. Basically modern Alcatraz.

Quote: DaButt @ June 28 2009, 5:42 PM BST

Some American prisons (mainly in the south) have large farms where the inmates grow their own food. Our prisons should be as self-sustaining as possible. Want to eat? Grow something.

I seem to recall reading that in the UK prison farms, and indeed kitchens, were closed down as not being "cost-effective", and that it is all catered now.

Quote: zooo @ June 28 2009, 6:00 PM BST

Yeah I'm not into the national service thing either. :/

I would not have fancied it at the time, but to be honest, with the benefit of retrospect, it might well have done me some good. Certainly more than university did.

Sorry to hear about your daughter Bigfella and your justifiable anger.

Personally I don't think society is any more violent than in the past. I've heard enough stories about Glasgow in the '50s. Girls being more violent is a side-effect of gender equality. I also saw plenty of it in the 80s and 90s.

In my opinion violent crime all stems from one's early years and upbringing. Better parenting would solve the problem. Children that are raised very strictly are also prone to becoming un-emphatic and/or violent as those set no behaviour boundaries. Children raised with a healthy sense of right and wrong, good self-esteem and with unconditional love are highly unlikely to commit violent crimes and if they do are unlikely to re-offend with basic punishments.

Quote: bigfella @ June 28 2009, 3:35 PM BST

Fortuantly after X-Rays her skull wasn't factured but she has one completly closed eye because of the swelling and both eyes are black, she has further bruising on her nose and the side of her face.

Ouch! Hope she feels much better soon.

I don't think having your spirit broken and learning how to kill on the demand of others is going to help!

I know people aged 18 to 90 who have served in the military (both voluntary and drafted) and none of them regretted it. Wars are no fun, but the military experience itself is almost always a positive one as far as personal growth goes.

Quote: DaButt @ June 28 2009, 6:20 PM BST

I know people aged 18 to 90 who have served in the military (both voluntary and drafted) and none of them regretted it. Wars are no fun, but the military experience itself is almost always a positive one as far as personal growth goes.

My grandfather, a prisoner of war in Turkey in the WW1, wouldn't have said it was a positive experience!