Wimbledon Page 2

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ June 22 2009, 3:59 PM BST

I think Chip would be there...

I don't think you can call 2 a crowd! ;)

Quote: EllieJP @ June 22 2009, 4:04 PM BST

I don't think you can call 2 a crowd! ;)

Ah, but there's all the dirty lurkers too... :)

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ June 22 2009, 4:11 PM BST

Ah, but there's all the dirty lurkers too... :)

Ah yes, the dirty lurkers... little buggers.

*lurks*

Quote: Aaron @ June 22 2009, 3:45 PM BST

Anyone but Murray.

What a petty and pointless point of view.

Seriously, regardless of your thoughts on a sport, at least show some respect for the one British person (one of only about two) in 70 years to have the talent, dedication and commitment to potentially achieve something great.

And re: Laura Robson. She looks like she might be a decent player, but very amusing that all the tabloids are probably salivating at the chance to really leer over her, but they can't because that'd make them hypocrites.

This is the only time of year that I care about Tennis. It is enjoyable to watch the British hopefuls, but then again I also get into the Luge during the Winter Olympics so clearly I'm just a big bandwagon jumper!

My prediction and you can hold me to this, Federer will beat Murray in the final in four sets.

My prediction for the final: Federer vs Safin.

Murray's got a great chance, if he can hold it together.

If he gets Fed in the final, I think Murray will sneak it.

Ouch, that's gotta hurt.

Quote: EllieJP @ June 22 2009, 3:57 PM BST

And when you say "crowd of stalkers"... do you really mean you?

No, she meant me. ;)

Quote: EllieJP @ June 22 2009, 4:20 PM BST

Ah yes, the dirty lurkers... little buggers.

Ah, yes. My flat mates... Whistling nnocently

I used to be a massive tennis fan. I grew up about 3 minutes walk from some concrete courts, and I played quite a few times at a grass court club, thanks to a posh mate I used to have being a member. I used to watch as much of Wimbledon as possible, as well as the Queen's Club tournament that happens before it, but in recent years, I've lost interest.

If I was to single out one match, as the best, from the thousands I must've watched over the years, it would have to be the Ivanesevic Wimbledon title-winning match. I'd never seen/heard a tennis arena appear more like a football stadium before, but that day it happened.

Oh, and I also think Murray will be beaten in this year's final. He's bound to win the title eventually, but I don't think it will be this year.

Quote: Seefacts @ June 22 2009, 6:08 PM BST

What a petty and pointless point of view.

Seriously, regardless of your thoughts on a sport, at least show some respect for the one British person (one of only about two) in 70 years to have the talent, dedication and commitment to potentially achieve something great.

He is a cock. Talented maybe, but still a cock.

Quote: Aaron @ June 22 2009, 9:17 PM BST

He is a cock. Talented maybe, but still a cock.

Aaron's just worried that his favourite Monty Python sketch involving the Scotsman beating the Blancmange and winning Wimbledon will come true. Thus losing it's inherently racist comic potential.

Agreed Murray isn't the most likeable of fellows, but compared to that blank A4 sheet of paper in the back of beige Volvo that is Tim Henman, he's practically Jim Carey in comparison.

Racist? Well I suppose they're not exactly 'normal', but I wouldn't have gone so far as to say that they are a different race.