Please share your genuine ghost stories with us

Hello,

I haven't met many of you as I have only posted a couple of times, so hello.

I'm keen to hear any genuine ghost stories any of you may have.

Mine dates back to the summer of 2001. A friend of my sister was driving down a busy road at around midday. She saw this very attractive, but very fed up looking, ginger haired lady on the side of the road wearing a summer dress. She took a particular interest because it seemed a very dangerous place for the girl to be standing.

That night when my sisters friend returned home, she watched the local news with her boyfriend. The news did a special report on an unsolved hit & run incident one year on since a lady was killed. The lady pictured on the news was the same lady my sisters friend saw by the side of the road earlier that day.

Spooky.

Not really ghost related , but it certainly freaked us out...

In my younger, nerd days (as opposed to my now older nerdy days), a few friends a I were playing D&D around (amongst other things) a lit candle. The DM counted down a spell for a bomb of some kind, "5, 4, 3, 2, 1...". At this point the glass candle holder split in half with an almightly crack. Properly shit us up. :D

Geek

Well I moved to a small town in Califronia where every thing seemed normal. Then when walking through a cemetery I was aware of a strange unearthly presence, an ancient evil presence...turns out it was a vampire. Fortunately I was able to defeat them with my supernatural strength and remarkable martial arts skill.

It got far stranger when my little sister appeared who I was only vaguely aware of growing up with.

No thread here has the right to expect to be taken seriously. Except I suppose some of the one's on sitcoms.

The supernatural is a bunch of foolishness for day time TV.

I won't beleve in ghosts until I see one myself (also UFOs), but we can still swap spooky stories. :)

I played D&D at school and mysteriously all the girls disapeared, as did any of the players who got girlfriends. In the end it was just Sootyj, I blame poltergeists.

I'm the same as you, Nil. I won't truly believe it until I see one myself, but I always love hearing ghost stories.

Quote: sootyj @ May 29 2009, 12:29 PM BST

I played D&D at school and mysteriously all the girls disapeared, as did any of the players who got girlfriends. In the end it was just Sootyj, I blame poltergeists.

I did last long myself. :D

I have an open mind, but I'm mostly sceptical of other people's stories.

I stayed in a large farmhouse with a group of friends. One part of the house, where my bedroom was situated, was much older than the rest. My friend and I both found that our baby monitors wouldn't work in this area and instead just gave off static. At night I went upstairs to feed the baby and could hear someone in the corridor outside the room who then touched and turned the door handle, so I chatted to them and told them to come in. The door opened slightly, but no one came in. In fact no was around.

It wasn't scary, but myself and a few other people certainly felt like there were 'other people' in that part of the house and that you were being watched with curiousity, rather than menance. I can't explain it and it could be imagination, but there was certainly a different feel to this part of the house. Nice farmhouse though. :)

Quote: sootyj @ May 29 2009, 12:24 PM BST

The supernatural is a bunch of foolishness for day time TV.

Such a dreadfully closed mind Sooty. I'm not saying I believe in any of it, but I'm open to the idea that there might be some weird junk out there.

A closed mind is a happy mind.

Quote: sootyj @ May 29 2009, 12:45 PM BST

A closed mind is a happy mind.

So is an open one. Or a one with the door just slightly ajar. Or with a cat flap.

I don't agree and am quite closed ergo happy about that fact.

Quote: sootyj @ May 29 2009, 12:46 PM BST

I don't agree and am quite closed ergo happy about that fact.

Well . . . good for you?

Another one from me:

The road I live on is very quiet indeed. Typical village street. The village pub used to be situated at the bottom of our road, however, in around 1980 (before I was born) the pub changed location to opposite the village shop, which is just off our road and round the corner.

Our pub changes hands almost every year, but it had some owners recently who owned the pub for about three years. The landlord used to walk his dog late at night, a few people do that in our village for some reason. Anyway, on this particular night the landlord was walking his dog up our road, near where the old pub used to be. He was confronted by this man who asked the landlord if he'd seen his dog, Jet. The landlord said he hadn't seen it. The man said he was very worried because he couldn't find him. The man walked off shouting 'Jet, Jet'. The landlord carried on walking his dog.

A few minutes later when the landlord got back to the pub, he told one of the regulars (Arthur) about this. Arthur told the landlord that a chap named Mr. Wilby used to have a dog called Jet, but Jet ran away and was never found. Mr. Wilby died in the late 70's. People only ever used to call him Mr. Wilby. Arthur said that nobody ever knew his Christian name.

How come ghosts wear pants? How is it their pants come back from the dead too?