1980s Sitcom about entrepreneurial dreamer

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to track down the name of a British sitcom that I enjoyed immensely from about twenty years ago (probably about 1987). I haven't seen it since, and I may have only seen two or three episodes, so my memories of it may be a bit hazy.

It might have been ITV as I can't see it in a list of BBC comedies, and I think it was shown quite late at night.

The main character from memory was a youngish guy (about thirty) with dreams of 'getting rich quick', in tune with the 1980s. I think he had a couple of male colleagues, probably both slightly older: one may have looked like a younger Henry McGee (from Benny Hill and Sugar Puffs Honey Monster ads.), and operated as a radical pirate radio DJ; the other was I recall somewhat overweight.

In one episode I think there was a riot going on outside, and they had to stay overnight in their workplace in sleeping bags.

Any help would be much appreciated please.

Many thanks.

Had a look around and it sounds like it could be series 2 of The Kit Curran Radio Show but having never watched it I can't say for sure.

Thanks - that name does ring a bell.

Strange, I started a topic on Kit Curran yesterday.

The Kit Curran Radio Show - S02E04 - A Sick Society.

Quote: peter gazzard @ May 22 2009, 9:07 PM BST

Strange, I started a topic on Kit Curran yesterday.

That seems like real synchronicity!!

I only registered at this website earlier this week (18 May), with the specific intention of tracking down this sitcom! (I've only just read your thread today.)

I had been thinking about this programme because I was musing about what was the most underrated sitcom ever, and this one came into my mind.

This is of course very distinct from being the best sitcom ever ... the real greats (e.g. Fawlty Towers etc.) tend to be recognised as such, and so are not underrated.

It my opinion Kit Curran is a widely overlooked gem: very funny and original.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/kit_curran/

Episode details to follow.