Kevin Turvey - The Man Behind The Green Door

Does anybody else have this documentary on video, I still think Kevin is one of Rik Mayall's more underrated characters

I don't have it on video Peter, but I do have it. As ever though, it's something I've not yet got around to watching.

And Griff, no it's not. But I'm fairly sure I've "seen" (cough) it somewhere recently, if you're interested.

Dont think so, but there's another video with a compilation of the Kevin Turvey bits from the series entitled Kevin Turvey Investigates

Quote: Aaron @ May 21 2009, 9:41 PM BST

I don't have it on video Peter, but I do have it. As ever though, it's something I've not yet got around to watching.

And Griff, no it's not. But I'm fairly sure I've "seen" (cough) it somewhere recently, if you're interested.

Well you won't be disappointed, it's actually quite sad in places but funny in others

Yeah I have this and agree he's a very underrated character. When it was originally broadcast it was a real breath of fresh air and Kevin was always the part I looked forward to the most in A Kick Up The Eighties.

The intersting thing is Kevin is totally unlike any other character Rik has played

I had a copy of this recorded off of the telly which I regularly watched and enjoyed and lost during the VHS to DVD days . . . the latest talk of the show has led me to >cough< find a copy and I must have originally had an edited version as there's loads here that I have absolutely no recollection of . . . a wee hidden gem . . .