The Secret Diary Of Adrian Mole, Aged 13¾

I've got the 1985 adaptation on video with the Ian Dury theme Profoundly In Love With Pandora. Funny but definitely of its time.

Nice one Peter! I've got that video too.

I like the scene where George Mole tries to grow into a tree, and then berates Scruton over the telephone for sending Adrian home during Red Socks gate...

I've read the book and thought it was very good. My brother I think may have this series on DVD, so I'll try and get a lend of it and let you know what it is like. I do believe Doris 'On the Buses' Hare is in it.

Commented on this over on the Comedy Records thread then discovered this one. So... *Cuts and pastes*

I think the Mole books are one of the best and funniest series of British humour novels ever. Up there with PG Wodehouse in fact. So seeing that image (picture disc of Adrian & Pandora) has recalled to mind just how dire the ITV adaptations were. I remember being so distraught as (imo) they got it just about as wrong as was possible. Even Julie Walters couldn't redeem them.

*Shudders at memory*

Anyone else know Chris Gascoyne, aka Peter Barlow in Coronation Street, played Barry Kent, Mole's nemesis? Think he and Steven Mackintosh have had the best careers of the chlld actors in the show. Guy that played Adrian is a male nurse now.

I live in Leicester. Been here for 30 odd years. And I've never met anyone native to the city or county with a Brummie accent.

Both ITV series are out on DVD next month.

See Amazon product listing

Great TV show

Best theme tune ever

Loved the books

Mole's nemesis? Think he and Steven Mackintosh have had the best careers of the chlld actors in the show.

Quote: qiangshunxingp @ July 12 2012, 3:19 AM BST

Mole's nemesis?

Moley gets revenge: http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/arts-entertainment/adrian-mole-goes-on-murder-spree-2012061129916

Quote: sootyj @ June 26 2012, 6:31 AM BST

Loved the books

What do you mean 'loved'? He's still going! And a new book coming out.

And it's still as funny and readable as ever. There is no doubt he is the greatest diarist ever.

Dan