Mathew Horne collapsed on stage today Page 3

I've never fainted in public (or anywhere else), but I've fallen over plenty of times and even that is embarrassing.

Actually, I suppose that *should* be, whereas fainting isn't your fault.

Quote: Aaron @ April 3 2009, 4:09 PM BST

Reminds me of that kid who died playing rugby a couple of weekends ago. Broke his neck being tackled, got up, and the weight of his head unsupported snapped his spine.

Bleurgh. Sick

Reminds me of that kid who died playing rugby a couple of weekends ago. Broke his neck being tackled, got up, and the weight of his head unsupported snapped his spine.

Crikey.

Quote: Jane P @ April 2 2009, 8:54 PM BST

but 'obviously they can't have mobile phones in hospital'. I thought they could now?

Quote: Aaron @ April 2 2009, 10:48 PM BST

Depends on the hospital, and where in the hospital the person is.

The mortuary?

You have to be so careful when someone collapses - there could be a number of reasons. Look at the actress who died after a skiing accident. A friend who bumped his head didn't feel the effects for several days and ended up having an operation on his spine.

Embarrassing public falls:

I slipped on a grape in Tescos and did the splits. A spotty faced youth came bounding up to me with a first aid box in his hand. He was most disappointed to be sent away.

Hahaha! Ace.
I slipped (on nothing) and extravagantly fell flat on my face in front of a busy Ealing tube station, my friend helped me up, leaned towards me and I thought she was going to ask if I was okay, but she just whispered 'that was really embarrassing' and walked off.

Hope that never appears on YouTube.

Quote: zooo @ April 3 2009, 4:30 PM BST

I slipped (on nothing) and extravagantly fell flat on my face in front of a busy Ealing tube station, my friend helped me up, leaned towards me and I thought she was going to ask if I was okay, but she just whispered 'that was really embarrassing' and walked off.

Some friend!