Ideas

Does anyone now of anywhere you can simply send ideas for a film etc.

If like myself your not a writter but have ideas in your head for films etc is there any where you can send them?

You most likely need to be somebody or know somebody to be able to pitch anything and then get anywhere.

If you're not a writer, then become one. If you can't, become something else in the 'biz and that automatically gives you the right to cross over to any genre of entertainment or so it appears these days anyway...

I've got a handful of film ideas. Is there any point trying to tell anyone about them, without an actual script?

I think your ideas need to be accompanied by at least a typical storyline. For example;

Trying to sell Liar, Liar without a plot, other than saying it was about a man who was compelled to be honest, would be extremely difficult.

If you have a lot of ideas for film, TV etc but are not compelled to write yourself then you could always find a writing partner. You come up with the ideas, talk them through to sketch out that story then your partner does the writing side. It may work it may not.

Def.

I know you can't copyright ideas but I have a brilliant drama idea and have written a fair bit of it. Does anyone know and companies accepting unsolicited scripts?

You've done the easy bit . Now comes the hard part . Getting it across. Good luck.

Quote: backofthenet @ 31st March 2009, 10:28 PM

your not a writter

Classic.

Quote: Chappers @ 10th October 2023, 9:23 PM

I know you can't copyright ideas but I have a brilliant drama idea and have written a fair bit of it. Does anyone know and companies accepting unsolicited scripts?

What are you like on a computer?
Can you put a presentation together?
They call them 'decks' - though the terminology changes - and essentially 5 or 6 pages that brings the idea to life.
A lot of people who aren't up for reading a script might well give it a look to see if it's their cup of tea.