Pc or not pc

Can comedy lose it's value by being too pc. Where do we draw the line. I love comedy in all shapes and forms, from the 70's stuff like Fawlty Towers to recent shows like Peep Show. Can comedy take itself too seriously?

Can comedy take itself too seriously? Asked Ricky Gervais?

What comedies are there that are too pc?
I can't actually think of any.

People do like to moan about it, but I don't actually see much of it.

If something is funny, then it's funny. A writer shouldn't compromise something that is funny for the case of being PC.

Once it gets to our screens, it's either one way or the other. So how are we to really know if something is "too PC" for itself?

Or something.

I thought The Thin Blue Line was too PC :P

Who's got the drums for Lee?

When I write stuff I dont think is this PC people get offended by anything nower days so...

I'll admit I do sometimes wonder if I'm going to overstep "the line". Which is weird because my style doesn't go towards being offensive, just silly. So I really have nothing to worry about.

I don't think you should worry about being PC. If anyone tells you any different, just tell them to piss off back to their own country.

Its all a matter of perspective i think. if you know that the comedy is un-PC to satarise or comment on society thats OK but if you're only doing it for a cheap laugh then it ain't OK.

I dont care. I think as a writer you should not. Jeez if The Rolling Stones and the Beatles had been compromised we would not have the legends we have now. I will never offend anyone without the offender being seen as an arse. Be right, be proper but be honest........

Quote: Leevil @ April 13, 2007, 12:16 AM

I thought The Thin Blue Line was too PC :P

And you wonder why you've not been commissioned yet. ;P

Quote: Leevil @ April 13, 2007, 12:31 AM

If anyone tells you any different, just tell them to piss off back to their own country.

Now that's the kind of talk I like to hear! :)

Quote: charley rance @ April 13, 2007, 1:38 AM

I dont care. I think as a writer you should not. Jeez if The Rolling Stones and the Beatles had been compromised we would not have the legends we have now. I will never offend anyone without the offender being seen as an arse. Be right, be proper but be honest........

But above all, be funny. Come on Charley, you're beginning to sound like Ben Elton. The bad Ben Elton.

I agree with Leevil about the "Thin Blue Line" actually - and "All about me". Unwatchable.

All about me? The political correctness crippled that show :P

Oh. Dear.

Heheh.

Very good Leevil.