Critical or Commercial? Page 2

Quote: hotzappa11 @ April 13, 2007, 11:43 AM

I think Michael Grade will bring the standard of ITV programmes up, it's just a matter of time and patience.

Not got off to a good start though having been quoted as saying ITV have been doing bad copycat programming and then allowing 'Grease is the Word' onto our TV sets (ever so slightly a rip-off of the Graham Norton BBC equivalent - well, OK a complete copycat pile of pish).

MICHAEL GRADE REPORT CARD QUOTE
"Could and should do much better"

He'd have been more foolish to have stopped it than to let it go ahead. Planning will have been going on for months, and I daresay millions will have already been spent on it by the time he came into power there.

Quote: Andy W. @ April 13, 2007, 11:47 AM

MICHAEL GRADE REPORT CARD QUOTE
"Could and should do much better"

Because by definition ITV is a commercial network, I can't see Michael Grade doing anything more than repackaging what's already there into something a little less obvious. If he really wanted to make an immediate difference then the first thing he should have done was to scrap all those cash cow programmes that dominate the late night schedule. Time will tell but as Sky has already set the agenda, and tv as we once knew has all but become a thing of the past, television will disappear up its own backside in a puff of audience indifference.

Quote: Baumski @ April 13, 2007, 5:56 PM

If he really wanted to make an immediate difference then the first thing he should have done was to scrap...

Coronation Street. And anything featuring Ant and Dec.

I think that they need me on their board. I'll shake it up and get some good programming. (ITV3 seem to be doing alright though.)