Best Blackadder series

I've always enjoyed series 3 best, closely followed by 2 & 4 (a tie) with 1 being the weakest, though still very good. The 1st series of the show is vastly underrated actually, just very dark at times.

So then 3 takes it for me, although I think 4 is just about the best it ever got.

Blackadder 3 for me. Although 2 and 4 are obviously incredibly high quality.

The 2nd has some of the best moments ever in it too, like Percy making "green" instead of gold and the visit to the wisewoman ... :D

The best show ever. All great. Cool

2, definitely.

'Bob', Flashheart, "By a thousand to one chance, my willy got in the way", "Two things must ye know about the wise woman...", trying to teach Balrick to count, Ploppy and Mrs. Ploppy, "You have a woman's legs, my lord!!", "I laugh in the face of fear and tweak the nose of the dreaded spindly killer fish", Baldrick's 'Get It Here' sign, "The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd!!", the drunken goblin song, "My brother, he had this brilliant idea of cutting his toenails with a scythe...and his foot fell off", Baldrick dressed as a pencil case, "Vanished...like an old oak table..." etc. etc.

For me, the third, but the first ep of series two has always been a particular favourite.

2 by a mile; then 1, 4, 3.

Quote: Jackson Neil @ March 25 2009, 12:02 PM GMT

So then 3 takes it for me, although I think 4 is just about the best it ever got.

Ummmm?
Errr

Quote: Badge @ March 26 2009, 2:07 AM GMT

Ummmm?
Errr

That one confused me a bit too.

Quote: Aaron @ March 26 2009, 1:57 PM GMT

That one confused me a bit too.

3rd is my all-time favourite, and basically mostly the level of 4th, though I think the latter is ever so slightly stronger in terms of a flat out episode to episode basis. Flawless. Laurie as Prince George swung it in favour of series 3, though. Best character ever.

Ah I seeee. 4 more consistently stronger, but George tips your choice to 3. Yes. Makes sense. :)

For me it's number 4.

The final episode with all the thoughts about war, there is so much truth in it it's frightening.

For me the third was my fav because of Hugh Laurie. Blackadder's digs on George are classic. Blackadder two comes in next mainly because of Miranda Richardson and the bevy of guest stars and then the fourth because of Steven Fry, Melchett's yelling and ranting are funny as hell.

Series 2 is in a different class to the rest. Every episode was very good from what I can remember. Edmund was at the top of his game in this series too!

Four just shades it but if a two fan wants to buy me a pint I may change my mind.

Could we have the budget and cast of 1 and the writing of 4?

Series 2 is my personal favourite ,then 3, 1, and 4 but there's not much in it TBH.