Early nineties sitcom I'm looking to track down

There was a sitcom in the early nineties about a guy in his fifties in a relationship with a girl in her early twenties. I don't think it was particularly funny but I do remember enjoying it as a kid every Friday night and I want to hopefully try and get hold of it for nostalgia purposes. So does anyone know what it could be?

Sounds possibly like "The Last Song," with Geoffrey Palmer, though that actually dates to the early 80s.

I'm pretty sure you're thinking of May to December. If you search on here you'll find a thread.

These are 'facts' I've just found by googling so they may not be totally correct:

It ran from 1989 to 1994 on BBC1 starring Anton Rodgers as solicitor Alec Callender, who dates a younger woman Zoe Angel played by Eve Matheson then later on by Lesley Dunlop.

I remember it as being OK at the time with some nice moments but not one I'd buy a DVD of now.

Jx

EDIT: I must learn to look on this site first! See:

https://www.comedy.co.uk/may_december/

Quote: JerryG @ March 22 2009, 3:57 AM GMT

Sounds possibly like "The Last Song," with Geoffrey Palmer, though that actually dates to the early 80s.

Well done on remembering this one though - I couldn't place it at all until I looked it up - now I only have a vague recollection. I'll watch anything with GP in. But as you say it was around 1981 to 1983.

Jx

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/the_last_song/

I was just thinking about May to December the other day. :)

I really liked it.

It's on G.O.L.D. every weekday at 9:00am, with that same episode repeated the next morning at 7:00am.

Cheers guys I think it was May to December. I'm going to try and get hold of it now or see if it is on YouTube.

Quote: Jane Perrin @ March 22 2009, 8:17 AM GMT

I'm pretty sure you're thinking of May to December. If you search on here you'll find a thread.

Urgh...can't believe I didn't think of answering May to December first myself. I guess my mind went straight into obscure-mode to think of a rare series that could have been the answer.

I watched it on YouTube last night, though for some reason the middle part wouldn't play. Still, I enjoyed it and although the jokes are dated it's still better than most new sitcoms and the characters are very loveable. It's certainly equal to Free Agents.