Why do people do that? Page 2

Who is Roo?

Quote: Leevil @ March 19 2009, 6:26 PM GMT

Who is Roo?

Roobacca.

Quote: miss_jaffacake @ March 19 2009, 6:17 PM GMT

Then you'd have the problem of family computers etc only allowing one member of the family to belong to the forum.

Good point. Hadn't thought of that. More than one member of each family belonging to this forum? I don't know whether that's a testament to the quality of this site or a sad indictment of modern society. I suspect it's the latter. It's bad enough having one comedy dork in the family, having more than that must be hellish.

Quote: Gavin @ March 19 2009, 6:28 PM GMT

Roobacca.

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwrrrgaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at Large @ March 19 2009, 6:34 PM GMT

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwrrrgaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Is that how you spell Chewbacca's noise ? Always wondered !

I took a shot!

Think it might be more of a Mwahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaw. Maybe not.

Oh dear. Me Mrs has just walked in and caught me making a Chewbacca noise.

My friend always makes that noise when he yawns.

What on purpose? Or is it a condition?

Both wrong

Starts with an O. where is the spelling Nazi?

I think we have officially reached a new level of geekdom.

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at Large @ March 19 2009, 6:46 PM GMT

I think we have officially reached a new level of geekdom.

Whistling nnocently

I've seen it done for numerous reasons on other forums - usually to try and win an argument or dismiss criticisms and sometimes for commercial reasons.

E.g. Fat Fart Mall Cop (or whatever it's called) is panned on a movie geek forum. Various studio types with a vested interest for the film's success suddenly log in under various guises to hype the film.

I have two accounts, but I don't think I am going to use my other one again, which is under my real name.

Speaking of Chewy noises, reminds me of my 2nd favourite joke. Doesn't work on paper, but hell will your friends laugh if delivered well. So you go:

This bloke is in an Italian restaurant and says to the waiter, "Do you do Ciabatta?" The waiter says, "Yeah. Sort of.[BEAT] "Mwaaaaaarrrhhhhhhhhhhaww."

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ March 19 2009, 6:58 PM GMT

I've seen it done for numerous reasons on other forums - usually to try and win an argument or dismiss criticisms and sometimes for commercial reasons.

E.g. Fat Fart Mall Cop (or whatever it's called) is panned on a movie geek forum. Various studio types with a vested interest for the film's success suddenly log in under various guises to hype the film.

Re commercial reasons. I know of companies working in the online viral market, when releasing a video, have an entire office with hundreds of different forum accounts. As soon as a link is posted they start to online argue with each other. Which obviously makes interesting reading. Thus driving traffic to the clip.