A challenge for everyone. Name that tune...

I just watched some Trigger Happy TV on the old Virgin Cable and want to know the name on the piece of music from the first series, episode 5, 3:41 seconds in. It is played over the scene of the guys in dog costumes, one of which is tied to a chair. I remember it from the eighties. Its a sort of modern classical music kinda thing. Now GO GO GO, run to your DVD players and Virgin boxes. Lets see who come up with the answer first?

Can you not find it for us on YouTube?

Hang on, I'll have a look.

Any lyrics...?

Here's the tracklist from the Series 1 soundtrack CD. Maybe something'll ring a bell.

1. All you good good people - Embrace
2. Under the milkyway - The Church
3. If you'll be mine - Babybird
4. Babies - Pulp
5. Listen - The Honey Smugglers
6. Dr Baker - Beta Band
7. Shine On - House of Love
8. Spirit - Waterboys
9. Tijuana Lady - Gomez
10. What do you want from me - Monaco
11. Drifting away - Faithless
12. HotelLounge (Be The Death of Me) - Deus
13. This Is The One - Stone Roses
14. I know where Syd Barrett lives - Television Personalities
15. Speak To Me Someone - Gene
16. PS - James
17. Just Looking - Stereophonics
18. Connection - Elastica

Sorry, not on YouTube, I have looked at track listing and I really don't think it's any of them. It's like this really melncholic, slow, classical based tune. No words, it has this slow drumbeat to it and violins. Definately from the eighties tho. You could almost imagine it being by Jeff Wayne but it's definitely not from War of the Worlds. Can't really give you anymore information, I'm afraid.

Hasn't anybody got a V box or the DVD?

I have Virgin, but I'm not sure I have that for free. I'll try to look later (when I'm home) if I remember (and it's free). :)

Well, I only have the basic package, just hit the On Demand button, Channel 4 etc.

Me too. I'll look later then.

*checks* Sorry, it's not free to me.

Quote: Nil Putters @ February 23 2009, 8:48 PM GMT

*checks* Sorry, it's not free to me.

So, what comes up on your TV that says you can't get it. It's like the very barebones package that I have. Take me through what you press exactly because it sounds damn peculiar.

I go to TV Choice On Demand>Comedy & Entertainment>TUV>Page Down to Trigger Happy TV (series 1)>Highlight episode 5>Press OK and it says;

You need to have a subscription to see this programme.

I don't pay anything for my box, it's basically a freeview box, so maybe that's why.

Ahhh, I see, we have an answer.

I was thinking Jacques Brel, but you say no lyrics, so not so sure now.

Quote: The Rook @ February 23 2009, 5:32 PM GMT

. . the scene of the guys in dog costumes, one of which is tied to a chair.

Sorry?

Eh?